Afterburner LED Headlight H4 replacement

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
sparrowhawwk
Motorcycle: 78 GL
83 Int
76 Moto Guzzi Convert
73 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
76 Convert #2
83 Goldwing #2

Afterburner LED Headlight H4 replacement

Postby sparrowhawwk » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:40 pm

Got my LED bulb from Canadian Cruiser Customizing and installed it in the old Guzzi Vetter fairing last night. For now this is my winter bike with sidecar due to the fact my 83 is getting a single carb mod and a C5 ignition after Christmas. I'd say you need about another 1/4" behind where the plug usually attaches to the H4 bulb due to the added length with the cooling fan. Made a little mod to the fairing to get space behind it but I took pictures and will do a review once I get a chance to see it outside in the dark. Seems really bright so happy so far.

Fiberthree
Motorcycle: Black 1999 GL1500SE

Re: Afterburner LED Headlight H4 replacement

Postby Fiberthree » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:49 am

So, how is it working out? Get the chance to take any photos yet?
Ed

WARNING: All posts are subject to influence from an uncontrollable dominant sarcastic gene. Offensive remarks may or may not be intentional.

sparrowhawwk
83 Int
76 Moto Guzzi Convert
73 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
76 Convert #2
83 Goldwing #2

Postby sparrowhawwk » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:58 pm

Sorry. Work keeps getting in the way. Have it installed. Seems really bright. Pattern cutoff is not as defined and the angled up to the right part of the original pattern is gone. However, I have been able to adjust it to where it should not bother oncoming and it is really bright and lights up the floor (road) very well. I'm in a shop doing the adjustment 25 ft from the wall as usual. Hope to have the chance to see it on the road soon. Snow is melting. :lol:

sparrowhawwk
83 Int
76 Moto Guzzi Convert
73 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
76 Convert #2
83 Goldwing #2

Postby sparrowhawwk » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:50 am

Can't believe I haven't ridden with it yet. I installed it in the Vetter fairing on my old MG Convert and after almost 20yrs the wiring got to me. Now the bike does not have any. There is a big pile of wiring etc. on the floor though. Sadly that bike is the only one I have close to rideable. My 83 1100 is being changed to a Weber carb amongst other things and my 78 is in the very early stages of a restore with the exception of the 84 clutch. If I could just work on one bike at a time.......................... :roll:

Return to “Goldwing Chat”