Getting Cabin Fever?

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Sidcar
Motorcycle: 1991 GL1500/6 with Watsonian Oxford sidecar

Getting Cabin Fever?

Postby Sidcar » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:15 am

Getting Cabin Fever? Wing laid up in the garage? Spending time with your nose pressed against the window looking out at the snow/rain/hail/sleet/ice, your right hand twitching an imaginary twist grip, left foot tapping through the gears? The cure is to get on your bike and ride it but with two foot on snow there's no chance. But how about in the virtual world?
A pleasant canter through the English Cotswolds on a warm sunny day (we do get the odd one) down leafy lanes, through quaint villages with odd names (eg Lower Slaughter), why not.
Attached are two route sheets (I sincerely hope but this is me verses technology. If there is just an empty space be patient while I try again) for a run I did back in September. If you fire up Google Earth you can follow the route I took using Street View to read the road signs and have a close look around whenever you want to. I tried to do the whole route using street view but either my computer or google earth got hot and bothered and the thing crashed. To make it a bit more real put your desk fan on top of the radiator so it blows warm air in your face and if you've got a "Meadow Breeze" air freshener to dangle in front of the fan so much the better.
No way is this going to replace the real thing but on the plus side you can drink as many beers as you like without endangering anyone (except yourself if the wife counts the cans).
To find the start,also the finish, type
Elephant and Castle Humber Street Bloxham Oxfordshire OX15 4LZ into Google Earth search.
Just the postcode might do it. It's a good pub. The Landlord is a biker and I recommend the Hook Norton Bitter.
The first part of the route takes you to an empty car park in the middle of nowhere. That's where we stopped for tea and biscuits, cookies to you, so as I forgot to take a picture you'll have to imagine 50 bikes parked there.
I hope this is going to work for you, at least it might help while away an hour between now and Spring.

Sid
Attachments
Sheet 1
Sheet 1
Sheet 2
Sheet 2
Start Finish
Start Finish

brettchallenger
Motorcycle: 1978 Triumph Tiger TR7 (sold)
2000 Honda GL1500 SE
1985 MZ ETZ250 (a cold war special).

Re: Getting Cabin Fever?

Postby brettchallenger » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:13 am

Ouch! Fell off on the left hander to Hook Norton.
The game's afoot;
Follow your spirit: and upon this charge,
Cry — God for Harry! England and Saint George!

Sidcar
Motorcycle: 1991 GL1500/6 with Watsonian Oxford sidecar

Re: Getting Cabin Fever?

Postby Sidcar » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:53 am

I should have warned you about the potholes, sorry.

Sid

Return to “Goldwing Chat”