New Years WISH

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Dogsled
Motorcycle: 1997 Goldwing

New Years WISH

Postby Dogsled » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:03 pm

Leave the join date and get rid of post counts on forums like this or just forums in general....

There are people that join yesterday that get bullied off forums because somebody thinks they posted 5000 times in a year and that gives them...................seniority or something. This is the cleanest site i've ever been on where the Wing Administrator remains the big kahuna.... I'm not just talking bike sites but anything where people share.

For some reason, people need to be the senior big dawgs on a site by post count alone and yet possibly remain the dumbest and give the worst advise. I remember being on another GW site and knew the guy who had just bought a wing and was mechanic for American Airlines (may vary since I don't fly and don't know what airlines are still actually open today).

At any forum for anything, you should feel comfortable posting advise after your 3rd post if you know the answer that can teach us something.

So that's my new years wish, no post count on any site for any forum. If someone has a problem with that...... well that would prove the need to this post.

New Years Revolutions....... :shock:

"Fight until hell freezes over, then fight on the ice"

HALBUDD
Motorcycle: 1984 gl1200a&1985GL1200A & 1996 gl 1500 aspy. us army 74-77

Re: New Years WISH

Postby HALBUDD » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:54 pm

I myself dont care how many posts people have,as half of them could be just welcoming other riders to the site. I do however look to see if they are new to the site and how much help they may need.If you only have 2 posts it tells me your new and may not know all the ins and outs of the site. Scott has done a great job on this site as the one and only Admin and I have always enjoyed this site. And yes some other sites have there top want to be,s and there are some that think they are better then anybody else. I have never had that problem here as all members are pretty much just here to help and not to put down anybody else.I just like others here dont have all the answers but together I think we can come up with what you need.---------------Hal
A woman that can use tools is worth her weight in gold !!

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Postby bustedwing » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:44 pm

I pay little attention to the counter. If someone asks a question that I believe I can help with I go ahead and try to help. I have noticed that a lot of times people seem to join and have a major problem at the same time. But as long as we can get the problem fixed, it's good.
Proud member Patriot Guard

trike lady
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade with Voyager (Sold)
1983 GL650I SilverWing Interstate

Postby trike lady » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:33 pm

I belong to a number of Goldwing forums, I have found some nice ones and one that is not at all nice.
I participate in forums to share my knowledge of Goldwings and to learn from others, make friends with members and chat.
This is an excellent forum and the members do not get out of hand and offend new members who just got their first Wing, at one point we were all new wing owners and joined forums to learn more about them. We met forum members who welcomed us into the Goldwing World and made us feel comfortable.
I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certified

yamaha96
Motorcycle: 1989 GL1500se aspencade, 1996 1300 yamaha royalstar

Postby yamaha96 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:13 am

to Trike Lady, i see you onced owned a voyager package on your 93 wing, i was just wondering how did you like driving this setup, i respect your opinion , i am thing about the voyager for my 89 goldwing, your Va. friend,Mike

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Postby themainviking » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:20 pm

I agree with this being the most comfortable site on the net. I have come up with some not so complete answers to some questions, and nobody tried to make me feel stupid but for one guy, and it is easy to ignore only one guy. I also agree that post count should not make one feel superior to any other. I sometimes have to shake my head when someone has a join date of three days after the site opened originally and it is their first post. I do not shake my head about their post, but that they may have gone that long without realizing the value of this site, and the community that is here. I have not found a site anywhere where one can feel more at home. Thank you Scott.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

trike lady

Postby trike lady » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:49 pm

yamaha96 wrote:to Trike Lady, i see you onced owned a voyager package on your 93 wing, i was just wondering how did you like driving this setup, i respect your opinion , i am thing about the voyager for my 89 goldwing, your Va. friend,Mike

The Voyager is a good unit and it takes some getting used to. The only thing I didn't like about it was trying to access the rear tire to check the air, when you change the tire or rear shocks you must reset the preload of the Voyager to insure a quality ride. Other than those two drawbacks I'd buy another one for a 1500.

yamaha96
Motorcycle: 1989 GL1500se aspencade, 1996 1300 yamaha royalstar

Postby yamaha96 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:34 am

Thanks for the info, was there any trouble getting in the saddlebags, i was told they would only open half way because of the Voyager fenders, what about that? By the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR, maybe our paths will cross someday, talk to you later,your Va. friend,Mike

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:41 pm

themainviking wrote:I agree with this being the most comfortable site on the net. I have come up with some not so complete answers to some questions, and nobody tried to make me feel stupid but for one guy, and it is easy to ignore only one guy. I also agree that post count should not make one feel superior to any other. I sometimes have to shake my head when someone has a join date of three days after the site opened originally and it is their first post. I do not shake my head about their post, but that they may have gone that long without realizing the value of this site, and the community that is here. I have not found a site anywhere where one can feel more at home. Thank you Scott.

Thanks for the kind words, it takes a fair bit of work to keep this place running smoothly, and it's nice to know that everyone appreciates it. That said, it's 5% my work and 95% the contributions of everyone here, so I can't take all that much credit. :)

Maddogg
Motorcycle: 1990 GL1500
1994 Suzuki 800 Intruder

Postby Maddogg » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:46 pm

What the heck is a counter? You mean like how many times I can get into trouble with the wife in one day.
Seriously though, I don't even look at the counter. All I am usually interested in is where the other riders are from and what they ride. Well, getting information to fix my Wing also. LOL. I have not been on the site very long, but man do I love it. Much better than some other sites where I have been. Scott is a GREAT Admin. Cares alot about what happens in here and with all the people in here. Keep up the good work.

Bill

trike lady

Postby trike lady » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:03 pm

yamaha96 wrote:Thanks for the info, was there any trouble getting in the saddlebags, i was told they would only open half way because of the Voyager fenders, what about that? By the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR, maybe our paths will cross someday, talk to you later,your Va. friend,Mike

It's about right the way the saddlebag lids opened, but I managed to get my groceries and other items in them. Happy New Year to you also, you never know we may meet.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”