New Camper

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
tandem54
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500

New Camper

Postby tandem54 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:41 pm

I just bought a new (to me) 2007 Time Out Deluxe Camper!
If anyone has any suggestions for mods or anything let me know, we can't wait to get her ready and go!!
I will be putting on new tires and maybe wheels (they are not bad priced together)
It has 8" tires now and I e-mailed Time Out to see if I can or should change to the new size 12" they have on their new trailers.
Only thing is if I change size I'll need a new spare too and it has a new (looking) spare now.
I'll need to get a hitch and wiring so that will take time, I'll pull it with the car for now.

I’d rather be Riding my Motorcycle thinking about God
Than sitting in church thinking about my Motorcycle

Rumbo
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500A Aspencade

Re: New Camper

Postby Rumbo » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:55 pm

What a neat camper. Since you have recently purchased a 2007 model, about what price range are these going for. It's crazy but the wife and I were just talking earlier today about some kind of camper to pull behind our wing.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:07 am

tandem54 wrote:I just bought a new (to me) 2007 Time Out Deluxe Camper!
If anyone has any suggestions for mods or anything let me know, we can't wait to get her ready and go!!
I will be putting on new tires and maybe wheels (they are not bad priced together)
It has 8" tires now and I e-mailed Time Out to see if I can or should change to the new size 12" they have on their new trailers.
Only thing is if I change size I'll need a new spare too and it has a new (looking) spare now.
I'll need to get a hitch and wiring so that will take time, I'll pull it with the car for now.

I did the same to my Aspen Sentry when I got it. The tires on it were in OK shape, but quite old, so I decided to replace them. It turned out it was almost the same price to buy new tires already mounted on new 12" rims as it was to buy tires on their own, so I bought a new set from http://etrailers.com and mounted one of the old tires under the tongue as a spare.

I also put LEDs in the taillights. The wiring loom for the lights was not in the greatest shape, so I ripped out ALL of the wiring and redid it, using some high quality loom to protect it.

tandem54

Postby tandem54 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:28 pm

WingAdmin wrote:
tandem54 wrote:I just bought a new (to me) 2007 Time Out Deluxe Camper!

I did the same to my Aspen Sentry when I got it. The tires on it were in OK shape, but quite old, so I decided to replace them. It turned out it was almost the same price to buy new tires already mounted on new 12" rims as it was to buy tires on their own, so I bought a new set from http://www.etrailer.com and mounted one of the old tires under the tongue as a spare.

I also put LEDs in the taillights. The wiring loom for the lights was not in the greatest shape, so I ripped out ALL of the wiring and redid it, using some high quality loom to protect it.

Yeh, I plan on taking a good look at the wiring and lights maybe add some?
I'll have to check etrailer.com I did see some on amazon for a good price (wheels & tires) easier than getting a new set mounted!
I know I'll have to change the wiring plug on it, it is corroded & it's a round one so I need a new one of those to start with.
The guy I bought it from has a 2006 1800 so I'm sure it fit his but not my car & when I get the hitch & wiring on my 1500 I'll just have to match it all! :o It has not been used but a couple times sense he bought it new on 07 (said he doesn't have time to go) so I need to go through it. I think I really got a good deal, he was asking $3200 on CL and when my wife & I went to look at it he set it up so we could see how that was & I asked what was the lowest he would go, I told him I was going to offer $2700 but I didn't want to offend him. I was really surprised when he said $2800 :shock: I bought it right then!! trying to keep from smiling too much!! :D :o From what I have seen & how fast they sell I think I got a great price! It looks like new, we can't wait to try her out, the weather here isn't bad so I figure early March if not before. We're new to AZ. so we have to figure out where we want to camp.

Dusty Boots
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500Aspencade

Postby Dusty Boots » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:25 pm

Congrats on the new Camper.

There are a lot of friendly camper owners over on MotoCampers.com who are more than willing to share their advice and trailer mods with ya.

Tell 'em Dusty sent ya!

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Postby bustedwing » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:41 pm

Congratulations on the new camper. I think it opens up new areas of travel for you. I love camping but since my accident I have a hard time sleeping on camping beds. Air mattress loose air overnight, even the good ones. Be nice if you could get a sleep number bed for camping! Had to sell my 5th wheel camper for that reason. Happy camping.
Proud member Patriot Guard

tandem54

Postby tandem54 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:33 am

Thanks Dusty, I'll be checking that out today!

tandem54

Postby tandem54 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:39 pm

Well, I received a reply from Time Out.
They said I don't have a "Deluxe" because they didn't make them until 2011, (I think the camper size is the same but not the name?)
So no changing tire/wheel size :oops:
I'm going to compare the 5.70 tire to the 4.80 for size, and hopefully I'll get a little bit bigger tires on it. :)

Return to “Goldwing Chat”