Newbie to the forum ( but, still and oldie)

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Willbewatching
Motorcycle: 1997 1500SE

Newbie to the forum ( but, still and oldie)

Postby Willbewatching » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:53 am

Hello.. I'm Will from Redding Ca. New to this forum but, and oldie road dog..lol. Retired from the Pheonix area to norther Ca. Hope to explore lots of back and byways, including the PCH. I ride a 1500SE.
Attachments

virgilmobile
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500 I
Previously owned
78 GL1000
81 GL1100
82 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 standard
84 GL 1200 I

Re: Newbie to the forum ( but, still and oldie)

Postby virgilmobile » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 am

Welcome old dog. :D
What did you retire from?
Nice ride you got there...do you wrench on it.?

Willbewatching

Postby Willbewatching » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:02 am

Hello Virgilmobile..
I and a partner had an aftermarkets product line we sold to automotive dealerships throught Arizona, Nevada and Utah. for several years before going broke..lol prior to that I was involved in financial services, mostly securities and investments until 2007.. lol we ALL know how that turned out..
but, my work gave me an opportunity to explore and travel ( mostly by bike..) through out the southwest.. and I loved that!!
Now here in the reddding area.. the weather pretty much mirrors Az.. and yet.. we have trees!! lol
Thanks for the welcome.

seelyark1
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1998 GL1500 SE Totaled
1984 VT500C
1967 CB550-4

Postby seelyark1 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:39 am

Welcome. As you will see in looking through this site, the people are friendly, and you can learn almost anything you want to know about your Wing. I seem to spend hours reading interesting and useful info. Enjoy. Ride safe, Dave
Ride safe, and smart. Asphalt is like #1 grit sandpaper. Dave

Willbewatching

Postby Willbewatching » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:02 pm

Thanks Dave,
I'm a long time 'winger" having owned several wings through the years.. inclusding two of the 1800s.
The old saying does.. Know your limitations.. When I end up in a new place.. like when I moved to Northern Ca. last April I looked for and sought out the most quailfied (non-dealer) "wing mechanic I could find.. Then I read everything I can find on them.. talk to every winger I run into. Just to keep my bikes completely orignal and rideable for me. As far as I can tell.. I've logged nearly 750 thousand miles and counting.. lol if my health holds and I live long enough I'll make a million!! Not bad for an old Vietnam vet who is everyday surprised I've made it this far..lol
Lets ride!

virgilmobile
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500 I
Previously owned
78 GL1000
81 GL1100
82 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 I
83 GL1100 standard
84 GL 1200 I

Postby virgilmobile » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:47 pm

As you read more of the posts,you find that many of us have other skills and interests that you may have experience in.
Your comments on any topics are welcome too.
We're a very diverse bunch of people.Its not always about the bikes.

RoadRogue

Postby RoadRogue » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:44 pm

Welcome indeed from north of the 49th. We do seem to have collected a very diverse group here on this forum and there is always room for one more. Tell stories, ask question or just stir the pot it all helps this place go around. 8-)
Ride safe, Todd
Over night campers welcome

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi there from the far South. Send pictures, and you will always have friends, here and everywhere.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

garwil
Motorcycle: 1999 gl1500SE

Postby garwil » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:51 pm

Welcome to the forum. I have traveled in AZ, but only by car. Hoping to do some winging in that region soon. My sister lived in Tempe for many years and my dad was from the four corners area. Last year I was able to ride to Orlando and back with my wife on board and she has expressed a willingness to do the corners. Now we just have to schedule it and follow through.

As I have a sister living in Nanaimo, BC, I hope some day to ride up the west coast. Again, I have only traveled that region by car.

crock4
Motorcycle: 2001 Goldwing
2007 VT 750 shadow Aero Sold
2001 harley softail deuce Sold
2003 harley road king sold
2010 Honda Stateline

Postby crock4 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:14 am

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome... You will enjoy the forum. There are many more old dogs here with the same common interest so throw something out there, and enjoy it...

Bob
Passion keeps your blood flowing and your heart beating. Motorcycles are my passion !

Willbewatching

Postby Willbewatching » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:32 am

Wow! from North, South and REALLY far south.. or do we say the "Down Under" too.. Thanks folks!
I'm orignally from Oregon.. so kinda used to the rain but, I guess the last few years living and riding in Arizona.. Ruined me.. lol I read some of the posts on here about folks having cabin fever.. dealing with the extreem cold weather and leaving thier bikes in the garage... Thats gotta suck!
I ride with the local PGR..(Patriot Guard Riders of North Ca.) with a mission scheduled early this am.. I haven't been able to locate my rain gear. "whaa whaa" ! lol I know.. Man up .. right!

***They say wingers don't really mind riding in rain.. but.. they HATE having to wash their bikes alla the time..lolol ( Dang things won't fit inna the bath tub.!)

redial

Postby redial » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:54 am

( Dang things won't fit inna the bath tub.!)

Haven't you got a clothes washer big enough, yet? A washer would save your SO from having to clean the grease off the bath before you had to use it on a Saturday :D
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Postby bustedwing » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:02 pm

Hello Will and from another Vietnam Vet and PGR member, welcome to the website from the. U.P. of Michigan. I am jealous of your area right now, we have had one of the worst winters in decades. Once we get decent weather, maybe 4th July, we will have to ride day and night to get the miles on before next fall. The only bad thing is the drought/flood. Depending where you are, I am not jealous of that. We have a LOT of stored up water just laying around, too bad you couldn't ship some from here to there.
Proud member Patriot Guard

tandem54
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500

Postby tandem54 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:39 pm

Welcome from Arizona! I'm still amazed at the weather here, 40 years of snow in Wisconsin gets in your blood LOL!! I can't wait till I can ride the PCH!! Enjoy the forum!
I’d rather be Riding my Motorcycle thinking about God
Than sitting in church thinking about my Motorcycle

Willbewatching

Postby Willbewatching » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:33 pm

Hey Bustedwing.. Welcome home Brother.. Yeah, I have to admit.. the weather here is definately worth it.. I spent 8-9 years down in Phoenix before I retired here..and loved that area for riding and for the weather too.. but ya had to ride north 60-70 miles just to see a tree.. lol
If you ever get out this way.. give me a yell.. there is always soemplace we can aim the bikes at..lol
I'll just make that an open invitation to you "wingers" out there.. lol if you're coming my way, drop me a note and stop by.. I'll put the coffee on.

Willbewatching

Postby Willbewatching » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:38 pm

Tandem 54, Thanks for the welcome.. I just left your area last April.. loved riding all over the area.. you'll enjoy your time there.. When you do the PCH let me know.. I might join you an part of it..lol ( like I need a REASON to ride..) lolol

bustedwing

Postby bustedwing » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:55 pm

I just re read your answer and thank you for the welcome home, and I of course can extend the same to you. Honestly, I have heard that more in the last two years than I did the other 30 some odd years since that " police action ". Got to admit, it feels a lot better now. I don't know if I would invite all wingers over, and you will start some coffee. Your lawn might look like Woodstock, especially if Dairy Queen is on the way.! The way this winter has been it won't take much of an excuse to get out of here and head your way, too cold for the trike yet tho. But if you wake up and someone is camping on your front yard with a little fire going, it's me, don't shoot!

Willbewatching

Postby Willbewatching » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:06 pm

Nah.. I always give fair warning before pulling the trigger.. ( umm?? isn't the sound of a pre cocking hammer considered fair warning?)
I moved here to a small bedroom community of Redding and found it to be a bit of a trial.. you know with all the med card carring tweekers able to grow pot.. I Started to have a bit of a problem with people messing with my vehicles and stuff.. So I posted a sign in my yard.. yanno... haven't had a bit of trouble since.Come on over.. my yard is fairly safe..lolol
Attachments

redial

Postby redial » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:42 pm

That's what I like to see - a sign that is understandable by everyone.
Len in Kapunda

bustedwing

Postby bustedwing » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:43 pm

Sweet, I love the sign. No mistake about it. Sometimes you just have to let them know how you feel.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”