go pro

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
realtree0
Motorcycle: 2005 goldwing 1800

go pro

Postby realtree0 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:27 pm

hey goldwingers is there anyone out there have gopro camera mounted to their Goldwing if so were

RoadRogue
Motorcycle: 1997 1500SE

Re: go pro

Postby RoadRogue » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:23 am

I currently have mine mounted on my helmet, lets me aim at what I want to shoot easily. Draw back is makes for a shakey video when doing shoulder checks or when in a traffic area. Going to experiment with other locations like on Clutch master cylinder and even on the trailer a little above head height. I saw a video of a guy running the Tail of the Dragon with his on the trailer like that, made for a very good video. Nice and stable, really showed how far over the bike leaned in the turns. 8-)

here it is

Ride safe, Todd
Over night campers welcome

crock4
Motorcycle: 2001 Goldwing
2007 VT 750 shadow Aero Sold
2001 harley softail deuce Sold
2003 harley road king sold
2010 Honda Stateline

Postby crock4 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:08 am

RoadRogue wrote:I currently have mine mounted on my helmet, lets me aim at what I want to shoot easily. Draw back is makes for a shakey video when doing shoulder checks or when in a traffic area. Going to experiment with other locations like on Clutch master cylinder and even on the trailer a little above head height. I saw a video of a guy running the Tail of the Dragon with his on the trailer like that, made for a very good video. Nice and stable, really showed how far over the bike leaned in the turns. 8-)

here it is

Great video!

I just got mine, so keep us informed. I am going to try several different locations, but would also like to hear from others about theirs.... My son got some great footage from the helmet mount riding his dirt bike. Even a great crash, (no injuries). These are really tough cameras.
Bob
Passion keeps your blood flowing and your heart beating. Motorcycles are my passion !

jonnypar
Motorcycle: 2007 Black Cherry Goldwing 1800

Postby jonnypar » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:42 pm

I use my Go Pro on the left crash bar. You do get engine noise but the video comes out pretty good. I needed to buy another set of clamps to get it to stay where I wanted it.
Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Rumbo
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500A Aspencade

Postby Rumbo » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:42 pm

I use the suction cup mount and have had mine at the top and bottom of the windshield and on the front of the fairing. I use the remote to turn the camera on and off.

Andy Cote
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500 Phantom Gray

Postby Andy Cote » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:14 pm

I have one of the mounts on the helmet and a mount adapted to a RAM base. I have used the RAM on the handlebar clamps, lower engine guards and the trailer ball. I think the handlebar location is the best.

One thing though. The helmet mount video is ok; you can feel the drag. But when you stare at a cage driver with that mount on and the camera blinking, they do tend to behave better.
DARKSIDE #1500
88 GL1500, Phantom Gray Metallic, double darkside
97 Valkyrie, red/white
Previously, GL1200 (2), many other Hondas and one Kawasaki
Ham Extra Class, AC1R

brenniac
Motorcycle: 2006 GL1800

Postby brenniac » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:43 pm

I attach my camera to my Texelent accessory bar. It is very stable.
'06 Gold

Al Waters
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 Gold Wing

Postby Al Waters » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:13 pm

I have a Drift Innovation and a JVC rather than a Go Pro. I have found mounted lower the better. The Drift is mounted under the front fairing under the headlight. It will also mount under the rear tail trunk. There are quick disconnects so you can't see the mounts on the bike. The JVC is mounted using a suction cup on the side of the rear saddle bag.
I think what is important is if you can show part of your bike in the video. It gives a good depth perception. The front camera shows just a little bit of the front fender. The camera pointing to the rear shows a part of the bike and the video is really cool when you slowly pass a fellow rider or he comes up on you right off your hip.
You just have to keep testing until you decide what you like best. If you get in to video editing, then you will find that you probably will like having a second camera on your bike.

Thanks,
Al Waters

Return to “Goldwing Chat”