Going for a Bagger.

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Fetacheese
Motorcycle: 75 GL- 1000

Going for a Bagger.

Postby Fetacheese » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:17 pm

It seems like every year I have to do something to the looks of the bike. The first year when I brought it home it was in a naked State. Got bored with the looks and the wind constantly hitting me in the face and chest didn't help much. So I got myself a Vetter IV with lowers, next the rear fender got chopped ,custom rear light and turn signals. At the time seemed the way to go.

It was alright for a while ,but by the time next spring got around I got bored with that look. This time around I decided to build rather than chop. A brand new custom seat, a hand build custom rear cowl,added little yellow for good measure to the mix and I was off and running. This year though my tastes did an about face from the previous years for some unexpected reason. Must have been all the Harley Baggers that captured my sub consciousness ? :lol: So a bagger is what I must have . But not like any other bagger. This one has to be custom built from the ground up .
So my project has began to make a GL1000 bagger like no other .
Wish me luck .
Feta.
Attachments

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Re: Going for a Bagger.

Postby Mag » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:42 pm

Nice nice nice....keep innovating ;) Ohhhh, pics when done please.

Fetacheese

Postby Fetacheese » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:34 am

We'll do Mag and thanks for the kind words.
Feta.

Overdog
Motorcycle: 83 Goldwing Interstate

74 BMW R90/6

Postby Overdog » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:32 pm

I love the bags/fender combo! The small seat without the cowl goes nicely with them. Are you going to keep the Windjammer?....thinking a batwing handlebar mounted fairing would match up... Keep those pics coming!

Fetacheese

Postby Fetacheese » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:19 pm

I too think the Bat Wing handle bar mounted fairing will look the best for what I have in mind. I'm hopeful I can work the Vetter in and providing it does not take away too much from the concept I'm trying to create I just might keep it for a while yet until something else catches my eye.
Thanks for suggesting the Bat Wing and for your kind remarks.
Feta.

Fatwing Chris
Motorcycle: 2004 ABS Model Goldwing

Postby Fatwing Chris » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:19 pm

Kind of like it the way it is myself.
Just a thought on the batwing it would probably look good but if it's anything like a Harley their fixed fairing is supposed to handle better than their handlebar mounted one.
If I'da known it would last this long,I'da taken better care of it.
Chris
Double Dark
Darkside # 1602

Overdog
Motorcycle: 83 Goldwing Interstate

74 BMW R90/6

Postby Overdog » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:27 am

I was just looking at your pics again and saw the outlines on the back of the bags and it hit me......40 Ford taillights! I'm seeing 40 Ford taillights there!

Fetacheese

Postby Fetacheese » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:39 am

Good catch overdog.
Couple of buddies where having a hard time seeing what I was explaining, so I took the magic marker and showed them by drawing where the turn signals where going to be mounted. Had no clue my drawing resemble 1940's Ford tail light. The subconscious mind works in mysterious ways ,huh?
Thanks for pointing that out to me.
Feta.

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:41 am

I got hit in the chest once with a rock about 1/2" in diameter, going around 70 mph's that freakin hurt man, granted I only had a t-shirt on in august... sure didn't want a bike without a windshield after that, I also got hit in the face a few times using a skid lid type [half shell] helmet... Now I wear my armor man... heavy leather jacket with pads and full face helmet.. If someone crashes you you are going to wish you had them on sliding down the payment and flying around like superman and such....Baggers are better because you can put stuff in the bags, luggage, groceries ect. :D

Fetacheese

Postby Fetacheese » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:14 pm

Ten four on that little beaver. I had one of those ,but I didn't go skidding like super man flies in the air. I went bouncing on my aas for a bout fifty yards before the rock foundation of a hundred year old barn put an end to my bouncing and skidding. So I realize how important good riding gear can be in times like that.

Actually I will be making two molds for around the Bags .One to look cool while riding in town :mrgreen: and the other will be to accept a luggage rack for when I make the trip out to Oregon on the old Girl and for when I'm in the mood for camping. Rocks? How about a turkey hell bent on taking your head off. He Came close but no cigar, the stupid bird..

Feta.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”