Test run for my new(to me) trailer and Wing

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 2006 GL1800HPNA

Test run for my new(to me) trailer and Wing

Postby onelostsock » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:55 pm

Over the winter I purchased a used('01) Kompact Kamper trailer in black gelcoat and then had a local hot rod builder paint it for me with OEM U.S. Paint in Cabernet Candy Metallic.(My original '06 color)I think it came out really nice even though he HATED the paint! But he has been doing this stuff for 30 odd years so I knew it would come out well. I added small do-dads like the mounting inside to carry my trailer jack,tie down eyelets for an elastic cargo net, the chrome trim at the bottom edge and all new marker lights. I also sprayed a rubberized coating on the bottom since it was raw fiberglass. Took it out for a small ride today,it was finally riding weather here, although the roads are so bumpy and sand covered I never got above 40mph! So after changing my oil,changing the anti-freeze adding the trailer hitch and wire harness and another 12v jack for my wifes new heated vest and I even added a blinking L.E.D. on the dash that runs off a 9V battery to "look" like I have a "security system" installed. It actually looks pretty convincing! Now just want to practice with the trailer and get used to it being behind me and all the new noises associated with it.It will be a fun grocery getter and can't wait to use it on our yearly vacation. This year to the south shore of Nova Scotia to a small house we rented for a week! Hope everybody is finally getting some riding in since it seems that winter may be over and spring has sprung!

Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 With a Roadsmith Trike Conversion

Re: Test run for my new(to me) trailer and Wing

Postby smilam » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:46 pm

Looks good, have fun with it.

Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Re: Test run for my new(to me) trailer and Wing

Postby bustedwing » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:50 pm

That's a perfect setup to give you a lot of miles with a lot of smiles. Beautiful. I hope you enjoy it.
Proud member Patriot Guard

Return to “Goldwing Chat”