DNA

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

DNA

Postby littlebeaver » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:47 am

Now I understand .... Now I understand why I have done the things I have done and my brother John too... John loved motorcycles like nobody I have ever known,, John was my eldest brother, he owned lots of different types of cycles,, since I was young enough to remember he had one,,being ten years older and all I saw bikes like BSA's Honda's Yamaha's, triumphs, Kawasaki's and Nortons in my driveway, John was a major rebel, crazy guy kinda, wild as hell,,, he would get the cops to chase after him just to get a thrill...Yes he was a Nut ... :lol: He was also a Ranger in the Army.... Viet Nam Vet.. Glad he was on our side...My father was a Marine and fought the Japanese on the islands in the pacific, well John died a few years back.... My father died just a few months ago.... Yes it's sad as we all know but I got a copy of his military forms and I learned something I didn't know... We are from San Antonio, Texas and on his DD 214 form it list his occupation, it list that he worked for Harley Davidson of San Antonio in 1941, it's list his duties, he was capable of working on all Harleys and other types of motorcycles as a mechanic and its says total overhaul and painting of motorcycles of all types,,, My mouth fell open when I read this,, as many of you guys know I got my brothers old Goldwing and turned it around and made it beautiful. I'm sure I'm not the mechanic my father was but I didn't know he was a full blown mechanic, I didn't talk with him alot as many family's really don't know their parents as well as they think or as well as they should... Now I understand why I do the things I do.. :shock: It's in my DNA...ha ha ha :lol: Feel free to write a story about your parents or father I would love to read it.. :D

OnPapasWing
Motorcycle: 1996 GL1500SE

Re: DNA

Postby OnPapasWing » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:05 am

Great story, thanks for sharing!

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Postby themainviking » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:43 pm

Your story was interesting and enjoyable, beav, but you would not want to read one about my parents and how I almost turned out just like my father. That is all I will say, aside from the fact that turning my life around was better for myself, and everyone I come into contact with. Not everyone has a good story. My parents wasn't, but mine is, and my sons is even better than mine, which is a lot to say. He has a bunch of kids, and is a far better father than I was, and I was a better father than my dad was, but I am an awesome grandfather. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:22 pm

Oh man, my dad was a trip, smartest man I ever met... this man could knock out crossword puzzles like nobody I have ever seen,, walking dictionary, if I spelled that right
... :lol: But the war took it's toll on him I think,, he had that pack rat syndrome thing going on man,,, he kept everything... We had to stop him from saving everything, he was a trip.... :lol:

robb
Motorcycle: 1989 Honda GL1500 Aspencade

Postby robb » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:22 pm

I came from a long line of career military men. Grand dad from WWI and later mechanic for Ford. Grew up with converted Model A to tractors. My Dad was 3 time Korea and a master mechanic. Some people had a silver spoon, I had a wrench. You are the environment you grow up in.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”