Harleys for sale


Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
User avatar
tech1
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: East Moline IL
Motorcycle: 1986 Goldwing 1200 SE-i Aspencade
2009 audo comfort
GL1800

Harleys for sale

Postby tech1 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:57 am



I know there are a lot of them BUT Harleys seem to be like a boat two good days you get with them.
The Day you buy AND the day you sell it.
Tech1



User avatar
coldcanuk
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:03 pm
Location: Camrose, Alberta, Canada
Motorcycle: 1990 GL1500 Aspencade

Re: Harleys for sale

Postby coldcanuk » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:32 pm

I have notice A LOT of Harleys for sale in my area.

User avatar
themainviking
Posts: 2579
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: Harleys for sale

Postby themainviking » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:06 am

tech1 wrote:I know there are a lot of them BUT Harleys seem to be like a boat two good days you get with them.
The Day you buy AND the day you sell it.
Tech1


Even tho I ride a Goldwing now, and I am sorry that I have to disagree with you, but there it is... I do (for me). I have Harleys that have over 150,000 miles on them, and total of about 800,00 miles total on all the Harleys I have owned. Admittedly, they are more like John Deere tractors than Porsches, but that just makes them easier to fix. One of the biggest advantages tho, to Harley ownership, is the community. Harley Davidson, the corporate entity, actually takes a personal interest in attracting riders and putting them together in community. From what I can see, almost all of the Harleys for sale were originally purchased by persons who did not come from the motorcycle community per se, but from some other walk of life, where they earned the money to finally buy their dream bike, in their mid fifties, and then found that it is actually a younger mans lifestyle. So, they end up selling their customized, radically modified, horrifically expensive toys. I would not buy one of these, as they are not really meant as riding machines, but rather as dealership built show bikes. I also disagree with your view of boats, as I lived on one winters for several years. They were most agreeable winters in Stuart Florida, and sailing the Caribbean. All of the foregoing, however, applies personally to myself, and so, your views on both subjects are probably totally applicable to lots of other people. Just wanted to make it known that there are exceptions to every view.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

User avatar
tech1
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:21 pm
Location: East Moline IL
Motorcycle: 1986 Goldwing 1200 SE-i Aspencade
2009 audo comfort
GL1800

Re: Harleys for sale

Postby tech1 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:30 am

Yes I know
I just noticed how many are for sale
I never said anything bad about them
Two of my brothers are Harley riders
Tech1

User avatar
tandem54
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:00 am
Location: Surprise, Arizona
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500

Re: Harleys for sale

Postby tandem54 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:51 am

Nothing wrong with Harleys to each his own. I think some of them look awesome! IMHO You can customize them a little easier than a wing. I wouldn't mind having a cruiser just for short trips into town etc.
I’d rather be Riding my Motorcycle thinking about God
Than sitting in church thinking about my Motorcycle

User avatar
rottiman
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Pembroke,Ontario Canada
Motorcycle: 1988 Goldwing GL1500

Re: Harleys for sale

Postby rottiman » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:13 pm

98% of all Harleys ever made are still on the road...............the other 2% did make it home !!!!!!!!!!!!




Return to “Goldwing Chat”




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 04 Spirit and 1 guest