New Helmet Info re Modular or Flip-up

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
landisr
Motorcycle: 1976 GL1000
1994 GL1500A

New Helmet Info re Modular or Flip-up

Postby landisr » Fri May 02, 2014 11:59 am

Someone posted that they were looking at a new helmet for their wife and weight was a concern. FWIW the June issue of Rider Magazine evaluates 11 modular helmets and gives their weight.

http://www.ridermagazine.com/browse-by- ... guide.htm/

Ron in AZ

Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here.

tandem54
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500

Re: New Helmet Info re Modular or Flip-up

Postby tandem54 » Fri May 02, 2014 2:44 pm

Thanks
I have the June issue of Rider Magazine but it only evaluates 11 modular helmets not any full face or open face.
I'll keep looking for a site that gives their weight.
I’d rather be Riding my Motorcycle thinking about God
Than sitting in church thinking about my Motorcycle

seabeechief
Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800

Re: New Helmet Info re Modular or Flip-up

Postby seabeechief » Fri May 02, 2014 10:04 pm

What you are looking for is out there, I just can't find it. There is a website that has every conceivable helmet listed and you can sort it by weight. It also explains the different shapes i.e. round, oval etc. That info has yet to help me because I don't know what shape my head is (other than confused most of the time). I tried to find it so I could post the link, but no luck yet. Maybe another Winger will be able to locate it for you. It is out there.

For what it's worth, I purchased a Nolan N43 Trilogy helmet with the N-Com system. The chin bar will come completely off, thereby giving one a sort of 3/4 helmet. I doubt I will remove the chin bar. It is the first "full face" type helmet I have ever owned. The transition was not nearly as painful as I thought it would be. The Nolan has a lot of noise caused by "turbulence" on the outside of the helmet. I raised my windshield and it helped a lot, but it didn't make it all go away. The N-Com system is outstanding. To solve the "turbulence" problem, I may invest in an F4 + 4 windshield.

Hope you find the website with the helmet weights. Ride safe!

Chief
Combat Vets Association - San Antonio
Patriot Guard Riders - San Antonio & Austin
Darkside #1609

Return to “Goldwing Chat”