Advice on buying on older Golder Trike

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
celiat
Motorcycle: none yet. looking

Advice on buying on older Golder Trike

Postby celiat » Thu May 15, 2014 3:53 pm

My husband is looking into a buying a Goldwing trike. He has found a couple of very nice ones that are 1994 or 95. He has been researching and talking to trike owners as to what to look for etc. He spoke with a repair shop and they told him that it may be difficult to find parts like (like brake calipers) on some of the older conversions. Sorry if I may sound illiterate about conversions and trikes. I am! :D I am just trying to help my husband make the best choice possible with the budget he has to work with.

Any advice would be appreciated.

tfdeputydawg
Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Re: Advice on buying on older Golder Trike

Postby tfdeputydawg » Fri May 16, 2014 8:35 am

What brands are the conversions? The bikes may be a 94 and 95 but, when were they converted?
Mileage??? Milage since conversion???
Not sure why calipers would need replaced ? Did you mean brake pads? Many conversions use car parts, so pads are readily available. A few use their own pads, making it a requiremet to purchase pads from them or take the used pads to a parts store to see if they can match them to something in stock(depends on the brand of conversion).

celiat
Motorcycle: none yet. looking

Postby celiat » Fri May 16, 2014 9:31 am

Thank you for responding.

Like I said, I am illiterate when it comes to mechanics so I may use the wrong terms. :oops: Not sure when they were converted. I was told that older Lehman conversions may have trouble finding getting parts for. One bike had 80,000 and had been serviced regularly and one had just under 40,000.

Just trying to help my husband get all the information he can to make a decision on one of these trikes or another.

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Postby bustedwing » Fri May 16, 2014 1:48 pm

I own a 1990 Gold Wing/Lehman trike and have never had trouble finding parts. At times I would take the old part to compare to the new part, and sometimes it has to be ordered but one way or another I am figuring a way to get back on the road. Buying an older trike you can expect to have to do a little more maintenance but to me it's a part of learning your machine. Don't be afraid, we help everyone else, we will help you too.

Proud member Patriot Guard

Return to “Goldwing Chat”