Rear speaker volume..?

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Willbewatching
Motorcycle: 1997 1500SE

Rear speaker volume..?

Postby Willbewatching » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:54 am

Hey guys, I have a problem and a couple questions.
I ride a 1997 1500 SE.. amost completely factory orignal.. I had a crack/pop thing going on in one of the front speakers.. that needed replacing.. since I am such a bug about things factory spec.. I orders all 4 OE speakers, front and rear.. it took forever to take things apart and to replace speakers.. Once complete.. I notced I had two problems..

1.) I have barely any sound coming from the rear speakers.. perfect sound from the front. I can't find a volume control for front to back fader.. Is there one? and if so where? nothing in my OM that tells me.

2.) When things went back together the left reat hinge for the trunk lid doesn't seem to want to tighten up and now I have a really nasty rattle in the left side trunk lid when I cross rough road. Do I need to replace the hinges on the trunk lid..? or is there another method for silencing that rattle/looseness?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreated.

Will in Nor-Cal

Willbewatching

Re: Rear speaker volume..?

Postby Willbewatching » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:03 am

Opps.. dumb **** that I am.. I just found the fader... tsk tsk.. (different location than on my last bike..!
So just the question on the hindge and trunk lid rattle..

OnPapasWing
Motorcycle: 1996 GL1500SE

Postby OnPapasWing » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:35 am

Dang, I was just going to answer the question on the fader. Glad you found it.

Sorry, I can't answer the rest of the question. Is the screw stripped out?

Basschaser
Motorcycle: 1995 GL 1500 SE Goldwing

Postby Basschaser » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:37 am

Hey Guys I was reading what Ya'll said about the fader knob for the front and rear speakers. Didn't know there was one. can u tell me which knob ? I haven't had the Bike but a few months. Its a 95 GL1500SE. She has 34000 miles. Also about how many miles do U guys get to a Tank of Gas.

Fiberthree
Motorcycle: Black 1999 GL1500SE

Postby Fiberthree » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:40 am

Basschaser wrote:... Also about how many miles do U guys get to a Tank of Gas.

This depends on your riding style. Mine ranges 221 to 249 depending on if the wife is with me. ( I actually get better mileage with her on the bike)
Ed

WARNING: All posts are subject to influence from an uncontrollable dominant sarcastic gene. Offensive remarks may or may not be intentional.

thrasherg
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800, 2005 Honda Shadow 750, 2008 Yamaha R6 with RG500 engine, CRF450X, CRF230, CRF250X, XR200, CR500

Postby thrasherg » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:45 am

Fiberthree wrote:
Basschaser wrote:... Also about how many miles do U guys get to a Tank of Gas.

This depends on your riding style. Mine ranges 221 to 249 depending on if the wife is with me. ( I actually get better mileage with her on the bike)

Me too, she won't let me accelerate quickly!! :lol:

Gary

Willbewatching

Postby Willbewatching » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:56 am

<laughing> Well I don't have a backseater.. so I wouldn't know if there is a decrease or not.. mine is a 97 1500 SE and only does about 36 mpg average.
I owned a couple of the 1800 (Rode one to death and wrecked the new one..tsk tsk.) they both had the EFI and did much better on fuel.
For some reason.. this one is my favorite 'wing.

Basschaser

Postby Basschaser » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:35 am

Thanks for the answers. I mostly ride back and forth to work city driving stop and go. My style I change gears around 3000 rpms. The speed limit is 45 and 50 to work. My first trip other then work was to Webster Florida to a swap meet last weekend me and my son went. We left at 630am it was a nice ride. Lots of bikes to look at.. If U are getting 36mpg that's about what I'm getting. The EFI's get way better. Thanks again..

Basschaser

Postby Basschaser » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:37 am

I forget to ask did U figure out your Trunk Lib problem?

coolrunning
Motorcycle: 1999 GL1500A Aspencade
50th Anniversary

Postby coolrunning » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:35 pm

Basschaser wrote:Hey Guys I was reading what Ya'll said about the fader knob for the front and rear speakers. Didn't know there was one. can u tell me which knob ? I haven't had the Bike but a few months. Its a 95 GL1500SE. She has 34000 miles. Also about how many miles do U guys get to a Tank of Gas.

So.... where did you find the fader control? I am still looking for mine on my 1999 GL1500A Aspencade. The rear speakers don't work at all. Thanks.
Coolrunning

coolrunning
50th Anniversary

Postby coolrunning » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:11 pm

OnPapasWing wrote:Dang, I was just going to answer the question on the fader. Glad you found it.

:!: Hey wait! Maybe he found his fader control... I am still looking for mine if it has one. The rear speakers do not work at all. I have only owned this Wing for 2 weeks...
Coolrunning

OnPapasWing
Motorcycle: 1996 GL1500SE

Postby OnPapasWing » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:58 am

For the '99 Aspencade? My '96 SE was different. Not sure but if you go to cyclemax, then click on OEM parts it will open a page where you can select the year and model of your bike. Scroll down to "handle - grips/switches/cables. That will open a microfiche parts breakdown for that area. I believe the part you're looking for is #11. Hope I directed you properly. If not then reach out again.

Basschaser

Postby Basschaser » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:09 am

Yes I found mine it was on the left handle bar a round knob just above were the CB Talk button is but not sure you have a CB. My bike is a 95 GL1500SE. I purchased a Maint. Manual for mine shows were ever thing is. The wires going to my speakers were in the left and right corners of the Trunk. If both rear speakers are out might be the Fader but if just one is not working may be just that speaker.

coolrunning
50th Anniversary

Postby coolrunning » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:14 pm

I just bought a Service Manual on ebay, but have not received it yet. My wing has the CB and appears to have all four speakers along with the AM/FM Cassette player and the IC system. I was hoping to use the systems as designed, but the cassette player doesn't work. It just loads and ejects whatever I put in it. I believe the only Goldwings equipped with a fader control were the SE's. Mine is a Aspencade. I am considering adding a jack to the OEM Radio to allow the use of any AUX player (phone, MP3, etc.) to play through the system. I wish somebody made a direct upgrade replacement radio for these bikes for a reasonable price. I found a brand new OEM cassette player radio through a Honda dealer for $2400+! That is more than I paid for the system on my 2015 Chrysler Town & Country Minivan, and it is equipped with a Sirius Satellite/AM/FM/CD/BluRay/DVD/Garmin Navigation/MyGig Infotainment System (80G hard drive storage) with three screens and 16 speakers plus a subwoofer. The Honda radio should not cost more than $200.00 for any reason. I am not overly impressed with the sound quality of the system or the CB. I have not figured out the Intercom system yet either, but I will be checking it out tomorrow. Does anyone have any experience with the IC system, or the new blutooth systems? I may consider upgrading to a more modern setup if i cannot get the old one to work properly.

Coolrunning

Return to “Goldwing Chat”