Hit a MILE marker. . .

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Uncle Fester
Motorcycle: 1996 GL-1500 Cali model 'Wing, blue in color, named Ol'Blue

Hit a MILE marker. . .

Postby Uncle Fester » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:51 pm

Took the bike out for a ride today, and hit a major mile marker for my bike, 100,000 miles !

Just a F.Y.I., I took delivery of my bike on April 17th of this year, with 91,4XX miles on it. I guess I have done some riding on the old girl.

Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Our stress about it happens when the two aren't the same. Be true to yourself and to hell with what everyone else thinks!

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Re: Hit a MILE marker. . .

Postby bustedwing » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:21 pm

Congratulations, I too pushed over 100k last week. My trike had 89k on it when I picked it up 3 years ago. Most of the miles are from Patriot Guard Rides, a few DQ runs, ( maybe a lot of DQ runs) , and of course those times when you fix the turn signals and need a 3 hour test ride just to make sure they work right.
Proud member Patriot Guard

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:20 pm

You always need to do test runs to make sure all the equipment is fully functioning. Just remember, that some of these faults do not occur in the first hour.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

Uncle Fester
Motorcycle: 1996 GL-1500 Cali model 'Wing, blue in color, named Ol'Blue

Postby Uncle Fester » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:41 pm

I have a bad habbit of " Honey, I am going for a short ride, back in a bit. . . ." and next thing I know, two or three hours have passed, as well as 50-100 miles . Thank goodness these big beasts get good mpg ! Lol
Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Our stress about it happens when the two aren't the same. Be true to yourself and to hell with what everyone else thinks!

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Postby bustedwing » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:26 pm

Thanx guys, at least I can show your posts to my better half and justify my rides. :lol:

Proud member Patriot Guard

Return to “Goldwing Chat”