Joe Rocket Airmesh Jackets

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Big Red 94
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Joe Rocket Airmesh Jackets

Postby Big Red 94 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:50 am

Helping me to decide should I buy a Joe Rocket Airmesh Jacket made for a Goldwing, as in its got the Goldwing logo. Down under in Australia Joe Rocket is not really available here, and I really like the Port wine/Grey colour in this jacket. To buy means I can not try on, nor feel it and to ship it is expensive. So it needs to be a choice made without facts other than what the maker claims.
Can anyone shed some light on the quality, and fit and anything else about this jacket. Your help since joining this site has been very good, and hope one day I can repay my experiences with the wings and such. Many Thanks'

Big Red

rodee71
Motorcycle: 1982 1100 Interstate
1993 1500 Aspencade

Re: Joe Rocket Airmesh Jackets

Postby rodee71 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:40 am

Talked to a rider wearing that jacket at a GWRRA meet in Harrisonburg, Va. Very Nice jacket! Fit on him was very good and the color combo, with the wing on the back, was sharp. Thinking of getting one myself. Hope this helps.

Big Red 94

Postby Big Red 94 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:35 am

rodee71 wrote:Talked to a rider wearing that jacket at a GWRRA meet in Harrisonburg, Va. Very Nice jacket! Fit on him was very good and the color combo, with the wing on the back, was sharp. Thinking of getting one myself. Hope this helps.

Yes, any info is good. I really like the look of it in the port wine and grey. If I can get more personal info to help before I spend the airfare to ship it here, dearer than the jacket. If it doesnt fit I have to spend the money to return it. But they did say send my measurements and they would get it right.

Thanks

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:12 am

I've had Joe Rocket gear before (pants, jacket), and the jacket I had I absolutely loved - it was an all-seasons jacket, with zip out covers and liners that went anywhere from a super cold-weather jacket with thermal and windproof linings to a super hot-weather mesh jacket. I actually wore it out, and after ten years or so, the zippers started to break and so on.

When I went to replace it, I naturally looked at Joe Rocket again, and couldn't find anything remotely like my old jacket. The newer stuff seemed of much inferior quality compared to my old jacket. While it's not cheaper low-end stuff like BILT, it's definitely not high end.

All of my gear now is Olympia, I really like what they are doing, and their customer support is second to none. I wrote an email to them with a suggestion for one of their products that I own, and actually received a reply back from the owner of the company, thanking me.

Big Red 94

Postby Big Red 94 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:18 am

WingAdmin wrote:I've had Joe Rocket gear before (pants, jacket), and the jacket I had I absolutely loved - it was an all-seasons jacket, with zip out covers and liners that went anywhere from a super cold-weather jacket with thermal and windproof linings to a super hot-weather mesh jacket. I actually wore it out, and after ten years or so, the zippers started to break and so on.

When I went to replace it, I naturally looked at Joe Rocket again, and couldn't find anything remotely like my old jacket. The newer stuff seemed of much inferior quality compared to my old jacket. While it's not cheaper low-end stuff like BILT, it's definitely not high end.

All of my gear now is Olympia, I really like what they are doing, and their customer support is second to none. I wrote an email to them with a suggestion for one of their products that I own, and actually received a reply back from the owner of the company, thanking me.

Thanks, with winter here its not a rush, but when summer gets here its hot. For the look of it as we do not get stuff like that here it will be a one of jacket, just to be different. But not if quality is not in it.

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Postby themainviking » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:43 pm

I have two Joe Rocket jackets that I got within the last four years. The first is a Joe Rocket FOR Honda Goldwing Jacket with the Goldwing wings and the word Goldwing across the back and on the left chest. It is a multi season jacket with armour pockets (armour included) and is a pretty good quality jacket. The second is leather and has HONDA across the back, and the winged Honda symbol on each shoulder. It is also a Joe Rocket FOR Honda product and is again multi season and very excellent quality. The mesh jackets put out by Joe Rocket are of a lighter quality than either of my jackets, but is meant for warmer weather. The ones I have seen (as you described) are quite good and very functional for really hot weather riding. Size is what is going to be slightly difficult, as UK and US sizes are not the same. I presume that OZ uses UK sizing. If they can actually fit you with your measurements you should be quite satisfied with the product. If shipping is more than the cost of the product though, it seems to me that either you are getting a terrific deal on the product, or the company sending it has real high shipping costs. A package of that size/weight should not cost hundreds to ship to OZ.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

T=Trouble
Motorcycle: 1993 Goldwing Aspencade 1500

Postby T=Trouble » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:33 am

WingAdmin wrote:I've had Joe Rocket gear before (pants, jacket), and the jacket I had I absolutely loved - it was an all-seasons jacket, with zip out covers and liners that went anywhere from a super cold-weather jacket with thermal and windproof linings to a super hot-weather mesh jacket. I actually wore it out, and after ten years or so, the zippers started to break and so on.

Last Fall I purchased the Sliders All Season 2 Jackets. Loved the jacket for the Fall, Winter, and Spring; however, now that we have entered the heat of the Summer, I am finding it really does not have air flow/ventilation. Hate to purchase another jacket and be disappointed again but really like to ride protected. Have you been real happy with the air flow/ventilation of the Olympia and if so which style did you get?
Trouble

When God made the first biker he mixed the following ingredients:
Motorcycle
Code
Respect
Guts
Honor
Love of Family

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:08 pm

T=Trouble wrote:Last Fall I purchased the Sliders All Season 2 Jackets. Loved the jacket for the Fall, Winter, and Spring; however, now that we have entered the heat of the Summer, I am finding it really does not have air flow/ventilation. Hate to purchase another jacket and be disappointed again but really like to ride protected. Have you been real happy with the air flow/ventilation of the Olympia and if so which style did you get?

I am happy with the Olympia jacket mesh airflow - that said, the pants don't flow much, as they're limited in just how much mesh they can have while still providing some semblance of abrasion protection. Mine are the Olympia Airglide 3.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”