WHEEL UP.

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
drjoelo
Motorcycle: 2002 GL1800

WHEEL UP.

Postby drjoelo » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:35 pm

Just wanted to bring up the subject of getting either wheel UP at a high rate of speed. I've had a Hannigan Trike for 2 years and have been to the DRAGON and the SNAKE without any success of getting either wheel up. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong…..LOL. There's a local road I do all my road testing on with a reduced speed of 25 MPH. I'm up to 65MPH and still no WHEEL UP. Don't get me wrong, I know it's dangerous and perhaps stupid but I just want to know the limits of this Hannigan. Actually, now that I've reached the 65MPH and scared stiff of going any faster…why should I, do I really have to improve on what I've accomplished with this curve? Just starting a new subject that I'm sure many of you Trikers would like to know….WHICH KIT HANDLES THE BEST???? :roll:

robb
Motorcycle: 1989 Honda GL1500 Aspencade

Re: WHEEL UP.

Postby robb » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:29 pm

If your Hannigan trike has an independent rear suspension then tires on the ground mean the suspension is working. Been on the Dragon many times and have seen sidecars raise but not a trike.

tfdeputydawg
Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Postby tfdeputydawg » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:49 am

Rode my Hannigan through Deal's Gap last fall. Friend following me said I raised the inside wheel on several corners!!!! Never felt it so, maybe you are and didn't know it?????

drjoelo

Postby drjoelo » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:32 am

robb wrote:If your Hannigan trike has an independent rear suspension then tires on the ground mean the suspension is working. Been on the Dragon many times and have seen sidecars raise but not a trike.

Good point Robb…..

drjoelo

Postby drjoelo » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:35 am

tfdeputydawg wrote:Rode my Hannigan through Deal's Gap last fall. Friend following me said I raised the inside wheel on several corners!!!! Never felt it so, maybe you are and didn't know it?????

You're right….can't see rear wheels from the seat…but, if you didn't feel it coming down you have to assume it didn't go UP...

robb
Motorcycle: 1989 Honda GL1500 Aspencade

Postby robb » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:37 pm

More likely if you run a lower tire pressure, say 24-28 psi, then it may roll enough on sidewall to look like it's lifting. But I have seen stranger things happen, like wheel hop. Remember, the name of the game is ground control and trike kits are getting better and better.

If I can sell my Vstar the money will trike my 89 GL1500.

drjoelo

Postby drjoelo » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:48 pm

robb wrote:More likely if you run a lower tire pressure, say 24-28 psi, then it may roll enough on sidewall to look like it's lifting. But I have seen stranger things happen, like wheel hop. Remember, the name of the game is ground control and trike kits are getting better and better.

If I can sell my Vstar the money will trike my 89 GL1500.

I have brand new Michelin's and I keep 24 psi…the grip is UNBELIEVABLE..

Return to “Goldwing Chat”