Passenger seat

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
bull8562003
Motorcycle: 2014 goldwing 1800

Passenger seat

Postby bull8562003 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:17 pm

I just purchased a 2014 wing. My girlfriend is having a hard time with the seat leaning back so far. My old 1997 wing was totally different and she feels like sliding ahead all the time. Others have tried it and they don't like as well. Is there a back I can buy to change that? Are other riders seeing this problem?

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Passenger seat

Postby WingAdmin » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:01 pm

bull8562003 wrote:I just purchased a 2014 wing. My girlfriend is having a hard time with the seat leaning back so far. My old 1997 wing was totally different and she feels like sliding ahead all the time. Others have tried it and they don't like as well. Is there a back I can buy to change that? Are other riders seeing this problem?

My wife complained about this. I bought a small piece of nonslip drawer liner at the hardware store - that rubbery grid kind of material you put to line your toolbox - and cut it to fit the rear seat. Now she doesn't slide, and has never complained since.

Fatwing Chris
Motorcycle: 2004 ABS Model Goldwing

Postby Fatwing Chris » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 pm

There are a couple of manufacturers that make a more upright pass backrest.They're approx a hundred bucks.I'll see if I can find a link.Might want to look into a good seat with a drivers backrest while you're at it.Shouldn't take you too long to find out how crappy Mother Hondas stock seats are.

Here's one
http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/gl1800_ ... 123/165804
If I'da known it would last this long,I'da taken better care of it.
Chris
Double Dark
Darkside # 1602

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Postby themainviking » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:11 pm

bull8562003 wrote:I just purchased a 2014 wing. My girlfriend is having a hard time with the seat leaning back so far. My old 1997 wing was totally different and she feels like sliding ahead all the time. Others have tried it and they don't like as well. Is there a back I can buy to change that? Are other riders seeing this problem?

Yeah, sorry bout that. Honda cannot make a seat for sh*t. I gave up trying to bandaid mine and bought an Ultimate seat. It was costly, but I am far happier with it, and so is my wife. They make the seat back more upright for the passenger also. There are others out there and they are not quite as expensive, but I do not know how good they are. I do know how good Ultimate seats are. You can find them here:

http://www.ultimateseats.ca/
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

seabeechief
Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800

Postby seabeechief » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:56 pm

themainviking wrote:

Yeah, sorry bout that. Honda cannot make a seat for sh*t. I gave up trying to bandaid mine and bought an Ultimate seat. It was costly, but I am far happier with it, and so is my wife. They make the seat back more upright for the passenger also. There are others out there and they are not quite as expensive, but I do not know how good they are. I do know how good Ultimate seats are. You can find them here:

http://www.ultimateseats.ca/

You hit the nail on the head, Viking. My $800 WingSoft seat is better than the OEM, but still not what I am looking for. I plan to invest about a grand in an Ultimate seat before next summer and see what happens. I'm tired of making 4-5k mile trips with a sore butt. If the Ultimate don't fix the problem, it's good by Goldwing, hello Harley. And that's just the way it is.

Chief

Combat Vets Association - San Antonio
Patriot Guard Riders - San Antonio & Austin
Darkside #1609

Return to “Goldwing Chat”