New pics in gallery.

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
fysty-1
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 I with LTD body

New pics in gallery.

Postby fysty-1 » Sat May 29, 2010 12:37 am

I just uploaded a series of pics of my trailer project. As seen, it is about 80% done. Hope you all enjoy. ;) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Angela (fysty-1) & Dani
85 GL1200I cloned LTD. Blue may not be the fastest color but it is the prettiest! No matter how blue things may get, there is always a rainbow in the sky

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: New pics in gallery.

Postby WingAdmin » Sat May 29, 2010 1:10 pm

Is that trailer something you made yourself (welded together some steel) or is it adapted from something else?

fysty-1
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 I with LTD body

Postby fysty-1 » Sat May 29, 2010 5:20 pm

Nope made from scratch from my design. As you can see I I'm in the process of building a trailer but due to my financial situation, I have ended up leaning on others for help. A neighbor, who also into Bikes ( has a custom Virago) turns out to be a welder and we were talking on day a couple of months ago and I told him about the HF frame and he said show me a plan of the frame you want and he'll see what he can do. Two days later he drops off a completed frame in my yard. He had welded up the frame out of 12 ga 2" square tubing. I went over to try and give him something for it but he said all he wants is to see it behind Baby. So now I need to get a suspension for it, so I place an add for an axle for some bling. And to my great surprise wonderful gent (Wayne) (Put-Put) who lives nearby responded and said he would like the lights & bar for his 83 aspy. We get together and discuss what I need ( he is also a welder that make hydraulic dump trailers). Any way he takes my frame away and after a few weeks, I have a rolling trailer with lights & all. I supplied some of the lights & the coupler but Wayne supplied everything else out of his stock. This man is an angel. He wants to help me fix up Baby as well by welding up the exhaust and a few other things. This just goes to shoe that there are still a few of us out there that would give the shirts off our backs to help anther in a time of need. Although Wayne is on another site, I just wanted to let you all know that I found me an angel. Last but not least. When I get the box fitted and painted will post more. The metal pieces seen near the front of trailer are for mounting the Colman cooler and the cargo box. May look heavy but only has 20# on the tongue. The axle is a drop unit using Dodge Mini van rear hub and a pair of Ford 13"ers. Oh yeh and 2 25" leafs. Rides and pulls like a dream. A little bounce on more pronounced bumps but that is ok for now. I am going to have the cargo carrier interior sprayed with LineX bed liner to stiffen it up and then paint the exterior Pearl Sapphire Black which will eventually match Baby. I have to admit I an extremely happy with my little trailer and it was made completely out of waste or scrap materials. Only the lighting, coupler & tongue support were bought. This brings me to the more recent alterations. As some of you may have noticed, in the older series of pics the fenders look oversized and there is wiring dangling done. Well I bout a new pair of fenders from Etrailer.com and a set of waterproof led tail lights & new wiring. Now new fenders on, new wiring run and lights installed with nothing hanging down. The new box is in the back of my van as I type and once it is painted and the upper lights ( red one from above) installed, This project will be done. and it has only taken me a year :roll: :lol: :oops: :oops: to do. In future I may try & devise some sort of a quik release set up so I can remove box if I need just a flat bed. ( for any of you that know him, that is Siverfox from thr UK's idea)
Angela (fysty-1) & Dani
85 GL1200I cloned LTD. Blue may not be the fastest color but it is the prettiest! No matter how blue things may get, there is always a rainbow in the sky

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Sun May 30, 2010 10:16 am

That's great! And I'm sure it's going to be much stronger than a Harbor Freight bolt-together. I doubt you'll see any bounce at all once you have it loaded up with gear.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”