Beauty and the beast .

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
made2care
Motorcycle: Yamaha 750- college days- sold
Yamaha virago- sold
Honda VTX 1300- sold
Honda shadow Aero 1100- sold
1987 Honda Goldwing interstate "Sleeping Beauty"- sold
02 kawasaki vulcan 1500 drifter - sold
1997 Honda goldwing SE 1500 - AKA "Black Beard" (current)
1981 GL1100 - "The Wanderer"

Beauty and the beast .

Postby made2care » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:09 pm

Took sleeping beauty out for my first ride .Front brakes appear to not be making scratching noise anymore. She is backfiring when I release the throttle. After I parked her , fuel started leaking from oem fuel pump. I've ordered an 85 honda prelude pump, so will attempt that mod next week.
Why did I title this beauty and the beast you might wonder?? After the ride I took out my kawasaki 1500 drifter , to use as a comparison of sorts , since this was my first experience riding a wing.
My drifter is a beast, with ease of shifting compared to the beauty. I was surprised that beauty had so much power!! Another comparison would be seating. The beast is very low to the ground and sits back, beauty is very upright and appears to be higher off the ground, which will take some adjusting too.
It was a great feeling to finally get sleeping beauty on the open road. I still plan on rebuilding the calipers even though the noise has subsided.
Thanks again to all the help out there . It's been quite an experience and the best part is yet to come. A journey together:)
Attachments
Beauty
Beauty
Beast
Beast

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Re: Beauty and the beast .

Postby Mag » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:51 pm

Hard to really compare a vtwin rumbler to a smooth 4 cylinder...but I hear about your comparison. I had a 1500 Vulcan 88, was a 1992, and that thing just thumped all over, nice bike, a lot different than the wing, and it is always good to get back on a "smaller" bike just to enjoy one that does not have all the add-ons.

Keep going with the beauty, she will take care of you for sure once you complete her.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”