Sluggs

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
moneypit
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100I Interstate

Sluggs

Postby moneypit » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:28 am

Muskegon Mi. has Bike Time (wow a lot of thought went into the name) In July. Because I own a bike (Wing) my nabes all ask if were going to Bike Time. My answer no I ride a Honda. This is a Sturgis wantabe event. My wife and I decided to cruise up north along the Lake Mi. shoreline unfortunately so did thousands of Harleys. I ride a 83 1100 interstate my bike is quit I can listen to my music if I want to you know. Not on this trip we kept running up on packs of Hogs going at least 10 mph under the speed limit and the roads are very curvy so passing is tough . Harleys stink and are so frickin load so I would blow past them when I could . the coolest part of our trip was seeing Harleys dead on the side of the roads or being loaded on trailers. Im 51 and proud to be a WingNut.

Breakdancer
Motorcycle: 1993 gl1500 Aspencade

Re: Sluggs

Postby Breakdancer » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:32 pm

Michigan is a beautiful state to ride in !! 3,126 miles of pristine shoreline. Unfortunately most of my miles there were in an 18 wheeler. I mostly drove the western side. Benton Harbor area, up to Ludington, Traverse City, Petoskey, then up and over the top and back to the Badger state. Did anyone else know that the Mackinac Bridge, ( connects upper and lower Mi. ) is just 40 feet short of 5 miles long?? Absolutely stunning. I saw alot of lake shore. Hope my wife and I can see it on our wing some day. ( She is a lighthouse nut ).

Most of my friends ride Hogs. It doesn't make them better or worse, just different. We all ride. I laugh when I find my bike with rice scattered under it, and they laugh when they find a slice of bacon under theirs. :lol: When I see someone broke down I see if I can be of assistance. Sometimes that opens doors. No converts that I know of yet, but maybe someday.

Enjoy the rest of summer. Winter will be coming too soon.... This is where I get struck with lightning bolt :shock:
Blue Skies...Scott ;
PGR

HawkeyeGL1200
Motorcycle: 1984 GL1200 Interstate
1981 GL1100 Interstate

Postby HawkeyeGL1200 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:44 pm

I'm not much for social events, particularly when they involve motorcycles and beer. I don't attend gatherings of people who pretend to be gangsters on the weekends, and return to their suburban lives during the week. I am also not an outlaw, so I doubt I'd fit in well with that crowd either.

I like to ride alone. I like to ride everywhere I can, every day I can, and I rarely leave the motorcycle at home unless there are more than two of "us" (my family) going somewhere which forces me to take the car. Snow, sleet, ice and well, that's about it, are the only other things that keep the motorcycle under the carport.

I don't tell other people what or when they "should" ride, and I don't expect anyone else to tell me what I should ride either. The few times someone has said "why don't you buy ... (insert brand) instead of that old thing you ride?" I always respond in the same way. I'll ride anything you feel you'd like to make payments on"

People who look down on someone else for what they ride or drive may be the shallowest people there are. What difference does it make what a person rides? As long as they're RIDING.. it shouldn't matter. If I see someone in trouble, I'll ask if there is anything I can do for them. If they act a fool, it is their loss. The offer of help shouldn't be viewed as degrading if it comes from a guy riding a Honda, Harley, KTM, or any other kind of motorcycle, car or truck.

Anyway, if there is a PUBLIC event, and the people in attendance act in a negative way because of the motorcycle you ride, I'd find the organizer of the event and let them know what a bunch of tail-holes they've attracted, right before I headed back to where I came from. I'd also tell every person I know, who ride motorcycles, what a bunch of buzzard bait I met at the event, and I'd never look back.

I'm glad I get to associate with the people of my choosing.The posers don't make the list.
I am wrong as often as I am right concerning what is wrong with someone else' motorcycle without having seen the machine in person. Guessing with limited information, as to the source of the trouble, is sketchy at best.

HawkeyeGL1200
1981 GL1100 Interstate

Postby HawkeyeGL1200 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:48 pm

Breakdancer wrote: Most of my friends ride Hogs. It doesn't make them better or worse, just different.

A lot of folks I know ride them too. The ones I work with are at least cordial to my face. LOL I have no idea, nor do I care what they say when I'm not around. A few of them put as many miles on theirs as I do my Honda in a year's time. Many have those garage queens that get taken out one or two weekends in a year (or trailered to Daytona) so they can dress up like Outlaws and get drunk I suppose.

I never met a motorcycle rider I didn't have some respect for. The ones who own, but don't ride are a puzzle to me.. I guess they subscribe to the old saying "He who has the most toys when he dies, wins"...
I am wrong as often as I am right concerning what is wrong with someone else' motorcycle without having seen the machine in person. Guessing with limited information, as to the source of the trouble, is sketchy at best.

detdrbuzzard
Motorcycle: '84 aspencade,'93se
'75750.'79750/9k
'79 750f.'85450sc
'06 st1300a

Postby detdrbuzzard » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:50 pm

I went to MBT last year and while there were lots of Harleys there I spotted this
Attachments
'99 ST1100, '93 se
'75 cb750k, '79 cb 750f, '79 cb750 superK
cb 450sc, sunL70
'06 st1300a
.... william

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: Sluggs (What?????)

Postby themainviking » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:37 pm

I kinda like motorcycles... I don't care what brand or how old. I have been riding for over 50 years now, and have ridden mostly Harleys, some British and for the last four years now, a Goldwing. The benefit of the Goldwing is that it allows me to ride a lot more than I was riding on my Harleys at the end, with spinal tendonitis problems. These problems were probably caused by running around in foreign places with a pack and a rifle, ensuring freedom. This also ensured me the freedom to ride what I want where I want without feeling I have to apologize for it. Live and let live.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

triker101
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE Trike

Postby triker101 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:24 pm

HawkeyeGL1200: I like your comments and agree about respecting what people ride. I wave to every biker I pass on the road and hope they would stop and help me if I was in trouble.....Ride long and ENJOY !!!

HawkeyeGL1200
1981 GL1100 Interstate

Postby HawkeyeGL1200 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:37 pm

triker101 wrote:HawkeyeGL1200: I like your comments and agree about respecting what people ride. I wave to every biker I pass on the road and hope they would stop and help me if I was in trouble.....Ride long and ENJOY !!!

Thank you. I don't have anything against ANY rider(s)... regardless of what kind of bike they ride. Stupid people come in all shapes and colors and some of them ride motorcycles. The good news is, plenty of great people ride too.

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Postby bustedwing » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:46 pm

I also wave at all bikes and whenever I see one broke down I stop to see if any help is needed. I don't really care what kind of bike you ride, just that you ride. One of the things I don't like is the driver that tailgates me, I can stop a lot faster than a car, so if a deer jumps out and I slam on my brakes you are going to run me over. I just went to a funeral of a great guy that had this happen. 57 years old and now dead. Just because the bike looks small doesn't mean the space between vehicle's should be small also. Back off, ride safe.

Proud member Patriot Guard

Return to “Goldwing Chat”