Scratching the fuel tank shelter

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800
Black and Silver
1989 GL1500
Wineberry Red
'01 Shadow 750
DOUBLE DARK SIDE #1467 on Michelin Primacy and BT45

Scratching the fuel tank shelter

Postby waituntilthebeep » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:11 pm

I have looked all over for scuff pads or covers of some sort for the top and/or edges of the metal between the seat and the fuel door. I have found scuff pads for the sides of the tank where your knees rest but was wondering if anybody has seen something that would protect higher up on the tank cover. I sat on the bike yesterday with my keys clipped on a belt loop and put a tiny scratch on the paint above where the side scuff pads would protect. I am worried about the rough texture of my rain gear doing a long term sand job on the paint there. Any Ideas? I was even thinking about a UV protected clear adhesive sheet thing. I have seen stick on protectors like that just can't remember where I saw them or if they would be a viable option. Obvious answer is to not rub anything on the paint but I have noticed that climbing off the bike, I hit it every time and it won't take long before it shows.

Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Re: Scratching the fuel tank shelter

Postby dingdong » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:21 am

There is a vinyl film product called Tankslapper that is easy to fit and remove. 3m makes a similar product also.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”