My friend DFWM and his feet problem

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
tom84std
Motorcycle: '84 STD 1200
2002 VTX1800
2007 Shadow 750
69 BSA Bitsa
2004 Virago
VW Trike

My friend DFWM and his feet problem

Postby tom84std » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:15 am

My friend had my old '79 and was having a lot of problems with the seating position. The location of the foot pegs put his feet directly under him. Having a heart condition and the circulation issues associated with that, it was causing a great deal of discomfort. Well now he's got my 84 Standard with a Saddlemen seat. Somehow the bike and that seat has solved the problem. He's less crouched and his circulation is fine now. Several years ago when I acquired the '84 I saw right away that there were major engineering differences in the bike compared to each preceding year's version, and this one seems to be quite improved. While not completely perfect, there's at least enough improvement so as to remove the issue.
As a side note: My transition from the Goldwing to the VTX is going well. Several thousand miles and things have 'clicked' enough for it to be perfectly comfortable. Had to raise the passenger pillon to accommodate my very short wife. Now she can see over my head. I'm used to the low engine RPM and how it always sounds like it's lugging at lower speeds. Power.. The power and torque are tremendous but like I say, this being done by two cylinders rather than four or six makes it a little 'throbbing' or kinda 'bumpy' but many miles into it and I'm comfortable.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: My friend DFWM and his feet problem

Postby WingAdmin » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:37 am

I have long legs, and I know on long rides, my knees would get sore on my GL1100, because my feet were fairly far back behind my knees. On my GL1500, there is no such problem - my knees never get sore.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”