Motorcyclist Apologizes to Cagers (Humor)

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Mariner
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800 (current),
1983 GL1100 Interstate (last), Z1000, CB750F, CB750K, CB550, 450 scrambler, 90 Scrambler, and a few I've forgotten

Motorcyclist Apologizes to Cagers (Humor)

Postby Mariner » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:35 pm

Great article. I thought it was a humorous look a a very dangerous problem we all face every time we get on our bikes.

Just because it's bad and dangerous out there is no reason to lose our sense of humor!

LINK: http://amarillo.com/stories/101107/opi_8649744.shtml

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Iaustin
Motorcycle: 1986 gl1200 interstate

Re: Motorcyclist Apologizes to Cagers (Humor)

Postby Iaustin » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:17 pm

a few good chuckles,all so true thou,time and money watch the other drivers keep shiny side up

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:05 am

Funny article. Problem is that the dumb won't admit to themselves that they are members of DUMB.
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

HawkeyeGL1200
Motorcycle: 1984 GL1200 Interstate
1981 GL1100 Interstate

Postby HawkeyeGL1200 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:03 am

We had one of the DUMB members submit his bid for the the Darwin Award last week about two miles from the house... too busy to notice the diesel fuel tanker truck headed east, to his westbound travel, as he crossed the center line and was immediately removed from the human race... one less DUMB member and counting...

I know that probably sound cruel of me, but that's TWO this year within 2 miles of my house, and I live in a VERY rural area.... close to a mile to the next neighbor...

I'm sure most of the Americans here have heard about the (College) Girls softball team bus that was hit (and nearly cut in half length-ways) by an 18-wheeler that had crossed the median. He told police he was "distracted by something in the cab." I wonder if it was his cellphone...

I thought the article was humorous, but as any motorcycle rider knows, all too true. I continue to ride as if everyone else (and the deer) out there is trying to kill me. So far it has worked well for me. What I wonder is, where do we send money to help fund the DUMB sticker project?
I am wrong as often as I am right concerning what is wrong with someone else' motorcycle without having seen the machine in person. Guessing with limited information, as to the source of the trouble, is sketchy at best.

cbx4evr
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500SE
2004 Kawasaki KLR 650
Solex 5000
1980 Honda CBX - sold :-(
1981 Honda CBX - sold :-(

Postby cbx4evr » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:37 am

iinteresting is that vthe article was written 7 years ago and even with legislation in most jurisdictions things have gotten worse.
"It´s a friggen motorcycle, it´s not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The wind noise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you s**t your pants every now and then. "

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:39 am

HawkeyeGL1200 wrote:We had one of the DUMB members submit his bid for the the Darwin Award last week about two miles from the house... too busy to notice the diesel fuel tanker truck headed east, to his westbound travel, as he crossed the center line and was immediately removed from the human race... one less DUMB member and counting...

I know that probably sound cruel of me, but that's TWO this year within 2 miles of my house, and I live in a VERY rural area.... close to a mile to the next neighbor...

I'm sure most of the Americans here have heard about the (College) Girls softball team bus that was hit (and nearly cut in half length-ways) by an 18-wheeler that had crossed the median. He told police he was "distracted by something in the cab." I wonder if it was his cellphone...

I thought the article was humorous, but as any motorcycle rider knows, all too true. I continue to ride as if everyone else (and the deer) out there is trying to kill me. So far it has worked well for me. What I wonder is, where do we send money to help fund the DUMB sticker project?

And very strange that authorities have decided not to file charges against the driver. 4 girls dead. Killed by a distracted driver. Hows that for justice. I have a feeling this isn't over yet.
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

HawkeyeGL1200
Motorcycle: 1984 GL1200 Interstate
1981 GL1100 Interstate

Postby HawkeyeGL1200 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:19 pm

dingdong wrote:
HawkeyeGL1200 wrote:...I'm sure most of the Americans here have heard about the (College) Girls softball team bus that was hit (and nearly cut in half length-ways) by an 18-wheeler that had crossed the median. He told police he was "distracted by something in the cab." I wonder if it was his cellphone...

And very strange that authorities have decided not to file charges against the driver. 4 girls dead. Killed by a distracted driver. Hows that for justice. I have a feeling this isn't over yet.

I read that he hadn't been "interviewed" by the investigators, yet. I imagine they'll be requesting his phone records, and then interviewing him for charges... no way he is "innocent" of causing the wreck, distracted or not, he crossed into the lane the bus was in, and there's no place on earth that's okay...

I am wrong as often as I am right concerning what is wrong with someone else' motorcycle without having seen the machine in person. Guessing with limited information, as to the source of the trouble, is sketchy at best.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”