Motion Pro tools

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1984 GL1200 Interstate
1981 GL1100 Interstate

Motion Pro tools

Postby HawkeyeGL1200 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:43 pm

I'm looking for a specialty screwdriver... one that will allow me to reach those "slow speed" screws under the carbs on a GL1100 (and others) without taking the carb rack off the bike. So far, I've come up with two viable options. Both are manufactured by Motion-Pro. I already have a set of Motion-Pro manometers for performing carburetor synchronization and like the quality of the tool. The two options I've been looking at are the motion pro 08-0228 (can be viewed here: ) and the motion pro 08-0119 (can be viewed here: ).

What I'm interested in is feedback from anyone who may already either own one or both of them, as to how well they work and fit into the tight space under the carbs... and or any other suggestions (other than quit being so LAZY and take the carbs off) as to tooling options for reaching these screws. Please keep in mind that there will surely be other machines, not limited to motorcycles, that I'll probably get the opportunity to use a tool like this on. I remember reading about a Honda "specialty" screwdriver for adjusting slow speed screws, but I can't seem to find the reference to it, nor the part number.

Any input is appreciated.

P.S. I may be interested in a "used" model if someone has one they no longer need and want to sell

I am wrong as often as I am right concerning what is wrong with someone else' motorcycle without having seen the machine in person. Guessing with limited information, as to the source of the trouble, is sketchy at best.

Motorcycle: 1989Aspencade GL1500

Re: Motion Pro tools

Postby re774c » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:57 pm

MAC Tools makes something similar. It's called carb clik 90, it's a 1/4 Dr ratchet just like the screwdrivers you posted.

Motorcycle: 1983 Gl1100I
1986 Harley FLHT

Re: Motion Pro tools

Postby redbug » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:10 am

I have used both models. I myself prefer the 0229 because of the ratchet click on the adjustment handle. It takes 16 clicks for a full turn. Takes a steady hand or both hands for control. I spent about 30 minutes of so trying to locate the best route to the adjustment screw on each carb. Takes a little practice, did for me anyway to get the feel. Hope that helps.
" Ridin on Tulsa Time "

Return to “Goldwing Chat”