People are so "Toxic"!!!!!!!

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: Yamaha 750- college days- sold
Yamaha virago- sold
Honda VTX 1300- sold
Honda shadow Aero 1100- sold
1987 Honda Goldwing interstate "Sleeping Beauty"- sold
02 kawasaki vulcan 1500 drifter - sold
1997 Honda goldwing SE 1500 - AKA "Black Beard" (current)
1981 GL1100 - "The Wanderer"

People are so "Toxic"!!!!!!!

Postby made2care » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:27 am

Took my 1500 Vulcan out yesterday. Lady in her SUV got right on my tail, and I mean right there, inches from me. I approach a stop light and another car pulls out right in front of me, fortunately I was dialed in and focused, thus managed to avoid a wreck. The SUV that was right on my ars pulled up beside me and had this look of entitlement on her face, it was quite pompous to say the least.
SOME people are so Toxic and they are going through the motions in the fast lane of life not remembering one day to the next, its just crazy!!
Is this emotional venting to ease my anger? No, I just wish I could go back in time, say 50 yrs , when life here was real, very real and true. I'm sure we could take a trip on our motorcycles with ease, no concerns for bully truck drivers and hyped up soccer moms with their kids and the neighborhoods kids crammed into the ever so popular minivan. The look in their eyes of despair and panic, a robot beyond repair.
We are in the midst of a technological frenzy, and all that translates to disassociation and insensitivity.
Will I continue to ride my motorcycles, barely having a chance to enjoy the fruits of the earth from a natural perspective. I don't know. Until my next trip down the road, maybe it wont be a minivan, maybe it will be you, whom I know for sure will be mindful of me and my parameters.
Okay, It's time to call my therapist!!
Be careful out there, its a crazy place :evil:

Ol' Man
Motorcycle: 1996 GL1500A/MotorTrike Conversion

Re: People are so "Toxic"!!!!!!!

Postby Ol' Man » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:21 am

I have to give a big AMEN to that.
Today is the oldest you've ever been,
yet the youngest you'll ever be,
so enjoy this day while it lasts.

Motorcycle: 1986 Honda Goldwing 1200 Aspencade

Postby maestro319 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:36 am

I'll second that AMEN.

wing rider 2012
Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800 Level I Blue/Silver
1998 GL1500 Aspy
1985 Venture Royal 1300
1979 GL1000

Postby wing rider 2012 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:04 pm

This happened to me also except it was a guy in a jacked up F150, he was right on my butt, if I had to do an emergency stop he would have drove over the top of me. I stopped at the light, got off my bike, walked up to the kid that was driving the truck and in no special words told him to back off and get off my butt that you are a dangerous driver that shouldn't be driving, he just looked at me like with that deer in the headlight look. I got back on my bike and he stayed a few car lengths behind me after that.
Vietnam Veteran
9th ID, Jan 69 - Oct 70
Member: Military Order of the Purple Heart
Member: Vietnam Veterans of America
Member: GWTA. Chapter A, Grants Pass, Oregon

Motorcycle: 1990 GL1500SE

1983 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1999 Suzuki SV650S (sold)
1982 GL1100I Interstate (sold)

Postby CWJ73 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:13 pm

A couple weeks ago, while driving home from meeting my buddies for wings, I had a guy driving next to me just off my left saddle bag for a couple km, all the while we were maintaining constant speed. He then started inching closer and closer to my lane with his turn indicator on. He then entered my lane and had barely slowed down. I watch his vehicle as he entered my lane inches, maybe even less than that, from the back of my bike. I would be surprised if he could see the brake lights on my trunk, and he was in a RAV4. I had 'some' room to move in front of me but not much as we were on approach for a red light and the traffic ahead was already slowing. He continued driving this close as he very slowly change lanes again into the lane to my right. I gave him a questioning look (with a little anger in there) as he pulled up beside me, and he had the gall to give me the finger and start yelling at me, as if I was in the wrong for his lane change. Then Bruce Banner and the HULK :mrgreen: showed up and a few nasty words and gestures flew his way. Had there been a need for a sudden stop there is no way he could possibly reacted until I was under his oil pan. Thankfully I always try to keep an 'out' in mind while riding. I don't think I have ever been this pissed off while riding in all my life. :twisted:

Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Postby themainviking » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:59 pm

I took my bike out for my last ride on the weekend, brought it home, changed the oil, filled the fuel tank, added Stabil and put it away. While out, a young woman in an SUV, pulled through a stop sign right in front of me, after looking me right in the eyes, turned left into the oncoming lanes and again looked me right in the eyes as she passed me going the other way. I had been doing about 40 mph and had to slow to nothing to avoid T-boning her. I swear, it had to have been intentional.

I also have experienced the tailgaters, and my reaction is to slow down until they go around me. If I am going to be hit from behind, I want it to be at very low speed. My fear is, as with the poster just above, that they will be too close to even slow down when I do.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

Motorcycle: 1984 GL1200 Interstate
1981 GL1100 Interstate

Postby HawkeyeGL1200 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:00 pm

I used to work with a guy who always carried some 5/8" hex nuts in the left pocket of his jacket. If someone tailgated him, he'd slip his had in his coat pocket and grab a few of those hex nuts. If the tailgater kept following too closely, he'd lower his had and release his hold on those hex nuts... I'm told they make a hell of a racket when they hit your grill at road speeds... and the offending jack-azz usually slams on their brakes trying to figure out what has happened to their vehicle.

I never had the nerve to do it. I figured with my luck, I'd get thrown in jail for damaging someone's car. I did laugh my azz off every time he'd tell me what he'd done. I just speed up to put distance between me and rock-heads who follow too closely. I figure they're probably too busy talking on the cell phone to notice.
I am wrong as often as I am right concerning what is wrong with someone else' motorcycle without having seen the machine in person. Guessing with limited information, as to the source of the trouble, is sketchy at best.

Motorcycle: .
'91 GL1500-I (Dbl-Darkside)
iRide 24/365 99% SmileMiles
"You don't buy yourself a
HD to be SATISFIED,...
you buy it to keep your
HD friends PACIFIED."
ANTAGONISTS need not post.

Postby FM-USA » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:42 am

Being older now, I look retired. I keep my full beard smartly trimmed. Since the 70's and I still hear kids say stuff, he looks like a cop or narc.
That said,...
Few times now if someone is tailgating me and we stop at a light or stop sign, I'll get off and "in my cop voice" inform them of the state statute. They're not going anywhere since they can not swing around because they are so close. Now that I have a phone camera, as I walk back I'll take a quick front vehicle pix and make sure they know I'm doing it. Strange how an impromptu photo calms 'most' people. ;)
Goes something like this, all in one breath, with a calm matter of fact and slightly bored way, "Sir-son-lady are you aware of the "X" state statue (blah-blah made up Section # etc.) of maintaining proper distance between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you. If you are not I can request you pull over and I can have a marked squad car here in a few minutes." So far they always say no or sorry and then keep a GOOD distance back.
AND I never-ever say I am and "IF" they ask I say something like, "I might be off duty or I could be retired." Which is 100% true, but they don't know from what job I held, they just assume. The only way to seal there assumption is to never loose eye contact, learn't that from a real cop dealing with me.

I used to at stop lights stair at them in my mirror and when the light turns green they honk. I look up at the light then back into the mirror for a couple more seconds then SLOWLY pull away. BUT that just infuriates them so I guess there's not need to create road-rage.

AHHhhh remembered something. "an impromptu photo calms 'most' people."
On big guy got out of his tall 4x4 and stared me in the face. I looked up and said (usual cop voice and eye contact) "I suggest you get back in your vehicle." He said nothing and 1/2 second later, got back in his truck.
LOL, and I don't play poker.
"OIL CHANGE?" _FM 07-2009
Know its new taste and be loyal, you'll know when to change that oil.
Taste testing as the miles flow, souring as that acid grows.
And don't flirt with dirt or darkened oil, all the faster your engine will spoil.

Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Postby harvey01 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:57 am

I started riding way back in the 1966 (Yea I am old) and even then I felt that folks in cages were out to get me. I can remember riding into my girlfriends home town and never seeing another motorcycle till I convinced her brother to buy one.

There is no question that folks are more distracted today and as I look at the new model cars they are full of distractive devices so things are just going to get worse. And we do have a lot more traffic! But we also see a lot more motorcycles on the roads which is good for all of us.
Ride Safe and Ride Often

Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:21 am

I like knocking them out then biteing
the tip of their nose off,,, so if you ever see a person with the tip of their nose off, don't you be lookin at the thata learn um to tailgate my ass.. Or Or hit um in the liver once and watch them roll around on the ground moaning and such.. :lol: I shall inflict pain upon their ass. :lol: :lol: :shock:

Return to “Goldwing Chat”