Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
- Sponsored Links
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 2599
- Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:59 pm
- Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
- Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD
2006 had heated seats on some models, so the wiring may be there. Using this wiring without any of the switches on the dash would be a bear. You can use a modified system much easier, by installing a separate switch to operate the electric seat heaters. This would be, in effect, the same as adding a heated seat to a pre-2006 bike.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey
- Posts: 910
- Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:59 am
- Location: Indianapolis, In.
- Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan
Heated seats can be installed on most any year Wing. Of course none of the supporting "electronics", controls, etc. are present. Most that add an OEM heated seat use heated clothing controlers to make the seat work.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17182
- Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
- Location: Strongsville, OH
- Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer
You can see someone who did just that (put a heated seat into a GL1800 that had no supporting circuitry, installing his own controller) here: Installing a 2006+ heated seat in a pre-2006 GL1800
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests