Costa Blanca Spain.

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
miguel53
Motorcycle: 1989 gl 1500j Goldwing
2000 cbr 600f FY model.
1983 VT 500c, restoration project ongoing!!!.

Costa Blanca Spain.

Postby miguel53 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:16 am

Hi there brothers & sisters in the states, sorry to see that your riding season has been abruptly halted on the east coast!!! watched on the BBC news, never seen that much snow, even when I lived back in the UK, we don't have that problem here on the Costa Blanca very often, I have lived here 14 years, & only had snow on our driveway once!!!, our biggest problem in Spain is slick roads, when it hasn't rained for a while, I've had a couple of near frontend wash outs on Sofy ( my 89 Goldwing ), winter is our riding season, its way too hot in June/July/August for riding big engine bikes, the same applies to sports bikes, due to having to wear all the protective gear associated with that, my buddy & I rode up to Barcelona for the Moto Gp a couple of years back on our CBR 600s, coming back home in the late afternoon I suffered heat stroke!!, even after keeping fully hydrated!! but, I'm getting round that problem??, I'm restoring a 83 VT 500c, which should be ideal for hot weather riding with light riding gear IE: shorts & T shirt ha ha, wishing everyone a very happy Christmas & new year from sunny Spain, best regards, Mick. :D

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Re: Costa Blanca Spain.

Postby dingdong » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:28 am

Welcome from Oklahoma City Miguel. I envy your summer weather there in Spain. Just out of curiosity I checked your summer temps. Here your 85ºF / 31º C is ideal riding weather. 38º / 40º C is not uncommon for us here. Nice to hear from you. Come back often.

Tom
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

seelyark1
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1998 GL1500 SE Totaled
1984 VT500C
1967 CB550-4

Postby seelyark1 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:50 am

I have an 84 VT500C that has been sitting downstairs. I am sure that I need the spark units, but hate the price for a new one. Going to try to get some used ones so I can ride it again. Been almost a year now since I ran it last. Very hard to get it started. 1500s got the best of me. LOL
Ride safe, and smart. Asphalt is like #1 grit sandpaper. Dave

miguel53
2000 cbr 600f FY model.

Postby miguel53 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:05 pm

dingdong wrote:Welcome from Oklahoma City Miguel. I envy your summer weather there in Spain. Just out of curiosity I checked your summer temps. Here your 85ºF / 31º C is ideal riding weather. 38º / 40º C is not uncommon for us here. Nice to hear from you. Come back often.

Tom

Hi Tom, Thanks for the welcome my friend sorry for not replying sooner, very busy at the moment, finishing the paving slabs on my drive ( 800 !!!! ),
plus, just spent the last 3 days getting the car sorted for the i.t.v test, yearly test for cars over 10 yrs old, mines 18 yrs old!!!!, piece of French sxxxt!!!, sold my jeep Cherokee ( 91 model ) earlier this year, I'd had it 14 years!!!, really miss her, sob sob, best regards for now buddy, Mick PS: the temp outside is 11c @ 8.00pm, very cold for us!!!! ha ah.

miguel53
2000 cbr 600f FY model.

Postby miguel53 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:18 pm

seelyark1 wrote:I have an 84 VT500C that has been sitting downstairs. I am sure that I need the spark units, but hate the price for a new one. Going to try to get some used ones so I can ride it again. Been almost a year now since I ran it last. Very hard to get it started. 1500s got the best of me. LOL

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply buddy, I've had the VT now for nearly 2 years, I bought it for 80 euros!!!, told the wife, it won't cost much to get it back on the road??? WRONG!!! ha ha, I've just started rebuilding it after searching for parts on eBay, mainly, from the states, which has plenty of spares, but, expensive shipping costs, plus, if the item is over 80 euros, import charges!!!, luckily I've been fortunate with what I've bought up to now, all the other stuff I've accrued, is from Europe, mainly Germany, who seems to have imported quite a few VT's, they are as rare as hens teeth in Spain!!!, so should attract plenty of attention, when I finally do get it on the road ?? ha ha, plus, I've also got to register it here in Spain, as, it originated from Germany!!, all the best for now buddy, Mick. PS: have you checked the choke mechanism adjustment , apparently, critical, for cold starting???. :D

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Postby Mag » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:42 pm

Welcome in Mick...

Yes, those lil VT500 bikes are nice set ups. I got one for my wife to learn on, a nice black 1985, had fabric bags, fairing, tankbag with radio/CB, highway pegs.....a neat little set up. That bike could move too.

seelyark1
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1998 GL1500 SE Totaled
1984 VT500C
1967 CB550-4

Postby seelyark1 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:32 pm

Mick, mine will flood in a heartbeat so I have to be real careful when trying to start it. It seems to have a real weak spark. I put in a new battery and it didn't make much differience. Is allways hard to start in the AM but once ridden in the AM it will start fine for the rest of the day. Still makes me wonder about the battery strength. Goinh to try jumping with a static car battery and see if it doesn't help. I have a couple of used spark units, but not sure they are any good either.
Mag, When I got this bike the woman said she had this old Honda and when I went to look at it, it was setting in her living room. It had been her boyfriends and he had just died. She was the executor of his estate so it was legit. It needed starter work, as they had been push starting it. I pulled it out and took the parts to an aoto elect shop. replaced the brushes and turned the armature and it worked like a charm, but hard starting. Ran beautiful once started, and would run all day. But next morning same thing. Yes, they do have some power,and love 6 speeds. Been a while since I rode it.

Ride safe, and smart. Asphalt is like #1 grit sandpaper. Dave

Return to “Goldwing Chat”