New member on board

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
ricconhan
Motorcycle: 1983 Honda 1100A Aspencade, California Sidecar Friendship 1

New member on board

Postby ricconhan » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:36 am

New member to the page and already I have used several of the hot DIY repair tips....lot of good information on these pages. New to the site not new to Goldwings....although it's been 20 years since I've been on one. We are raising one of our grandchildren and have been looking for a motorcycle with a sidecar... finally found one..1983 Honda Goldwing 1100A Aspencade with a CSC Friendship 1 Sidecar. So now we have plenty of room for me, wife and granddaughter. Using these winter months to go completely through everything make sure she's road ready by spring...and all that useful input from this page is making that even easier. Bike only has 32,000 miles and for the most is in great shape for a 30 year old wing. So far I've cleaned the gas tank out with vinegar, change fuel filter, have seafoam in the carburetors as we speak, flush the cooling system remove the radiator and I'm in the process of putting new timing belts on today, with the help of this useful page thank you...I'm sure I will have questions to post in the future and I already know that there is a boatload of knowledge here to help me through any problems I may have. So far everything is going good and looking promising for a spring ride.

Rick
1983 Honda Goldwing Aspencade
California Sidecar

seelyark1
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1998 GL1500 SE Totaled
1984 VT500C
1967 CB550-4

Re: New member on board

Postby seelyark1 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:46 pm

Looks like you allready know your way around the site. So, Welcome to the site and ask away. Someone here will help you out and enjoy your ride. :D
Ride safe, and smart. Asphalt is like #1 grit sandpaper. Dave

HawkeyeGL1200
Motorcycle: 1984 GL1200 Interstate
1981 GL1100 Interstate

Postby HawkeyeGL1200 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:58 pm

Welcome to the site. Don't forget to check out the monthly contest... I won a really nice first aid kit and all I had to do was show up here to win!

Great place with great people willing to help.
I am wrong as often as I am right concerning what is wrong with someone else' motorcycle without having seen the machine in person. Guessing with limited information, as to the source of the trouble, is sketchy at best.

ricconhan
Motorcycle: 1983 Honda 1100A Aspencade, California Sidecar Friendship 1

Postby ricconhan » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:05 am

Update since my first post.
Timing belts on and everything is in time. I started out a little bit apprehensive to do this procedure to say the least I was scared to death to attempt this, but after reading and rereading about a dozen times I dove into it. Turned out it wasn't that bad after all.....actually pretty easy and it didn't take long time either...just follow the very very helpful and accurate instructions in the tutorials on these pages and everything will work just fine. I've also installed new radiator hoses, new thermostat, new o'rings on both the inlet and outlet of the coolant necks, change the oil new filter, got everything put together and she fired right up but I wasn't satisfied with the way it was running so now the carburetors are laying on my bench waiting to be rebuilt....I haven't decided yet which route I'm going to take, I'm either going to order the kit and rebuild them myself or send them to Pistol Pete,haven't decided which I'm going to do yet.
In February my new mounting brackets for my side car should be here, and I can start that process of getting everything lined up and installed...
Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I should be all ready to rock and roll come spring...will keep the updates coming along with pictures.
Again, thanks for all the input everybody has added to these pages it makes the job a lot easier.
Rick
1983 Honda Goldwing Aspencade
California Sidecar

GreenDragon
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800 GoldWing

Postby GreenDragon » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:48 pm

Welcome to the board! Waiting for riding weather can seem forever.
Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Postby bustedwing » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:49 pm

Welcome to the website from the U.P. of Michigan. You have learned quite a bit already so hopefully with everything that you have done, your machine will be every bit as dependable as possible. Of course, if you have any questions , all you need to do is ask. Ride safe.
Proud member Patriot Guard

made2care
Motorcycle: Yamaha 750- college days- sold
Yamaha virago- sold
Honda VTX 1300- sold
Honda shadow Aero 1100- sold
1987 Honda Goldwing interstate "Sleeping Beauty"- sold
02 kawasaki vulcan 1500 drifter - sold
1997 Honda goldwing SE 1500 - AKA "Black Beard" (current)
1981 GL1100 - "The Wanderer"

Postby made2care » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:32 pm

I am somewhat of a new member, and I will definitely say, that this site is more than valuable when it comes to healthy online socializing, like you mentioned, great tutorials and very friendly people.
The sense of humor can get a little crazy at times, but its all non-toxic.
I was glad to see you had changed the timing belts. I have not completed mine yet and after reading your post, am not that apprehensive anymore. Welcome to this amazing site :D

Return to “Goldwing Chat”