Access Problem

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Solina Dave
Motorcycle: 1978 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (bought in fall of '77)
!977 Honda CB550F (my 1st motorcycle)

Access Problem

Postby Solina Dave » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:29 pm

Is anyone else experiencing problems accessing areas of GoldwingDocs? I can access the Forum, obviously, but I can't access other areas such as Member Pictures, How-To-Articles, Store, Classifieds etc. I created a Picture Gallery last night, and had problems uploading photos. I'd try to upload a group of photos, uploading would start, but would be extremely slow, and would soon stop altogether. Then I would have the problem of accessing other areas of GoldwingDocs, and also my own gallery.
That was last night. This morning, surprisingly, everything seemed to be back to normal. The first photo in my list from last night had uploaded, so I tried uploading more photos to my gallery. Same result, and the same subsequent problems with access. Everything just seems to freeze up early into the uploading process. One photo in the list uploaded, and it said that that process was complete, and that the format was being checked on the next photo upload, but that's as far as anything went. It seems kind of coincidental that I would experience the same problem this time around,also. I have no problems posting, or adding photo attachments to my posts. I don't know if it's some strange problem at my end, or something more universal.
Any ideas?....................Dave

"Assume Nothing"

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Re: Access Problem

Postby Mag » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:07 pm

No probs on my side (hmmmmm, need that 20 character limit, there we go)

Mspinner
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100 Apencade

Postby Mspinner » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:58 am

Mag wrote:No probs on my side (hmmmmm, need that 20 character limit, there we go)

Lol.....

Solina Dave

Postby Solina Dave » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:30 am

Everything seems to have fixed itself. I still have no idea what was going on. Maybe my computer just needed some sleep because the everything works now, and I uploaded several photos to my gallery. It's a mystery. Gremlins?
"Assume Nothing"

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Which way where you holding your mouth? Got to be careful with these computers - if you hold your mouth the wrong way, things do not always work correctly. :roll:
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

Solina Dave

Postby Solina Dave » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:30 pm

In that case, maybe it should read my lips! Everything for some unknown reason, corrected itself the last time it happened, and instead of trying to upload multiple photos, I opted to upload them one at a time in the future. That worked. I should have left it there.
Today I thought that I'd give it one more chance and attempt to upload, together, a list of four photos. Three of the four uploaded almost instantly. The fourth one said it was formatting and it might be a minute or two before it completed. That was over an hour ago. Now, as before, I can't access anything else on the sight except from the board index. I can't get back to my photo gallery to even attempt to stop the upload that's trying to format.
What a pain in the #*%@). Anyone else ever had this problem?

Dave
"Assume Nothing"

Solina Dave

Postby Solina Dave » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:17 am

New to this forum Mag. I just got it! :roll: Lol for sure spinner.
By the way my latest problem, with full access to the various sections of GoldwingDocs, cured itself again right before my eyes, eleven hours after it told me it would take a minute or two to complete the upload. So, I don't have a clue what's happening when I upload multiple photos. It's a mystery! I'll just do them one at a time from now on. That seems to work.

Cheers........................Dave
"Assume Nothing"

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Postby Mag » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:05 pm

Not here, but for other sites, I have a prob moving more than 3 pics at a time, and that was through Comcast.net's mail program, I think it is a "memory" limiter.

As long as it all works now, that is all that matters ;)

Return to “Goldwing Chat”