Sleeping beauty update

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
made2care
Motorcycle: Yamaha 750- college days- sold
Yamaha virago- sold
Honda VTX 1300- sold
Honda shadow Aero 1100- sold
1987 Honda Goldwing interstate "Sleeping Beauty"- sold
02 kawasaki vulcan 1500 drifter - sold
1997 Honda goldwing SE 1500 - AKA "Black Beard" (current)
1981 GL1100 - "The Wanderer"

Sleeping beauty update

Postby made2care » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:32 pm

I have all her clothes off and getting ready to start all the prep work. Noticed a hole in bottom of trunk along with some cracks. Also received her new trunk turn signal lights today. Side covers had some cracks , I went ahead and reinforced those with some epoxy . I know, must use abs slurry. I have some abs sheets on the way along with abs cement. Went around town and no one had abs , so ordered it online. I even went to a specialty plumbing store and the meathead :x behind the counter said, "whats ABS, never heard of the stuff" :roll: , I quickly realized and reminded myself that I'm in a small town in Oklahoma and was not going to have any luck finding it. Thank goodness for the internet :roll: Enjoy the pics.

Also, I wonder why Honda did not make the metal bracing that fits inside the trunk , stretch all the way across the bottom. It fits 3/4 of the bottom and the remaining 1/4 that's unsupported is the section that is cracked which led to the hole. Just a thought :|
Attachments
Big hole in trunk
Big hole in trunk
Her new turn signal lights, others were cracked and worn
Her new turn signal lights, others were cracked and worn
Side cover reinforced
Side cover reinforced
Freshly painted trunk brace
Freshly painted trunk brace

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Re: Sleeping beauty update

Postby redial » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:49 pm

She will love the work that you are doing to her garbs. It will turn her from sleazy women to a lady of royalty, again. I hop you have fixed her exhaust by now, as I have heard that a lot of ladies do not like their exhausts to be heard :oops:
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”