Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
- Sponsored Links
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 285
- Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:09 am
- Location: Lafollette, tennessee
- Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 Interstate
hey guys i got a problem, after getting my bike almost complete, the p.o (who never got the title in his name) has lost the title to my bike, all i have is the registration from the guy he got it from. Owner #1 renewed the registration last year and the tags are good till june, but owner #2 got the bike on a trade and never titled the bike, so now me being #3 need to title it. I have heard if you send the money and vin to vt they will tag, title and register a bike in your name no questions ask, has anyone else went this route and does it matter if my bike is an 82? Thanks for the help i am beyond frustrated and depressed right now.
Rick, 82 GL1100 Interstate
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:00 am
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Motorcycle: 83 Goldwing Interstate
74 BMW R90/6
I've never done it but I have several friends who have done it many times.....the way it works (at least, here in Pa.) you will get a Vt plate and registration...not a title. You then can transfer it into Pa and will get a title. Not sure how it works in your state.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17046
- Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
- Location: Strongsville, OH
- Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer
That's right, every state is different. You'll need to contact the DMV in your state to find out the procedures.
- Posts: 222
- Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:32 pm
- Location: Carrollton, Ga.
- Motorcycle: 1998 Goldwing SE
Can you get in touch with the owner#1 and see if he can apply for a lost title and you pay for it? And maybe a few bucks for his time.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests