GOLDWING VERSUS KAWI VULCAN NOMAD

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
brentsboats
Motorcycle: may 2015
Sold 82 gl1100 Sold 2002 vulcan nomad ,now have 86 gl1200 and 94 gl1500 work in progress

GOLDWING VERSUS KAWI VULCAN NOMAD

Postby brentsboats » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:54 pm

Well my friends .as some of you may know or not .I have been on a search to find myself a bike that will not hurt my legs after sitting on the seat for a short time ,. I must tell you that today i fell in love and now i know what i must do . The challenge was between a 1993 Honda gl1500 and a 2003 Vulcan Nomad ,,and just to make sure we added a 2015 Honda Goldwing .. Well like i said ,ii fell in love in under a min. My legs were in a perfect position for riding and the arm reach was also perfect for me . Kids ,iam a loyal Goldwing fan all the way ,But i must admit the Vulcan Blew the other 2 bikes away by a long shot as far as my body was concerned . The only thing i would add to the Vulcan is more padding to the seat like i did with my 2 goldwings . Sitting on this bike reminds me of when i was about 12 years old and used to ride my Banana seat covered bike to school ,With the high handle bars /.,, It truly was a perfect fit for me . Now i know what i must do ,,So Anyone out there looking to buy a 1986 Goldwing Interstate ? Pick ur color ? Cause it will be repainted very soon ,And i was going to do her a dark candy apple red , She will be just like new when done , seats ,tires, paint, added chrome for luggage racks , Am fm tape radio player ,new speakers , And what ever else i can think of . Hiway pegs ,foot boards , and maybe heated grips . I think i will still keep my Gl 1100 just for the fun of her ,We will see ,,so for now ,i got Boats and the one bike for sale ,,If you know of anyone looking for either ,send them my way please .And i would like to hear from anybody who has owed a vulcan and what there thoughts are .. Ok ,,now iam going shopping ,, talk later .Brent
Attachments
shopping for one now
shopping for one now
selling this now ,will be repainted soon [plus]
selling this now ,will be repainted soon [plus]

Thanks For Reading
Brent
http://www.sunkboat.com

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Re: GOLDWING VERSUS KAWI VULCAN NOMAD

Postby littlebeaver » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:35 pm

I had an 03 Nomad, very very comfortable motorcycle, at 6' and 260 I fit it like a glove, I got the highway pegs for it, the only complaint was minor and that's the gas milage, I'd go about 90 miles before the fuel light would appear, after about 90 miles most guys are ready for a pit stop anyway so it's no big deal...
I really like the Voyager too...I'll never get rid of my 1100...If I remember correctly there was still 1 1/2 gallons left when the light comes on..
Last edited by littlebeaver on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fatwing Chris
Motorcycle: 2004 ABS Model Goldwing

Postby Fatwing Chris » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:50 pm

My nephew that rides with the wife and I all the time has a Vaquero(the Vulcan Bagger) and he absolutely loves it.I have to listen to him everytime we get stopped for the night.His gets pretty good mileage as well.We're going to Darkside it this summer.Apparently the Kawi's like a car tire as much as the 1800's do.
If I'da known it would last this long,I'da taken better care of it.
Chris
Double Dark
Darkside # 1602

littlebeaver
Motorcycle: 1981 gl 1100 I , 79 Yamaha XS11
Special, 82 Kawa 750 CSR, 82 Kawa 750 LTD, 03 Kawa Nomad 1500, 99 Kawa Voyager 1200

Postby littlebeaver » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:02 pm

I can't honestly compare the 1500 Honda to the Nomad as I never owned a 1500 Honda, well I had one in my garage for about a week, the title had some major issues so the bike went back, then we got the Nomad...good bike... :shock: Hey, if I were comparing the Nomad to the Voyager,, Voyager wins...Hands down...

Mag
Motorcycle: 1982 Yamaha Venture (Crashed/Sold)
1982 1100 Silver Goldwing (sold)
1989 1500 Beige Goldwing (sold)
1988 1500 Beige Goldwing (current ride)

Postby Mag » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:27 pm

Not that it was a Nomad but the Vulcan I had had crappy mileage due to tank size. That was the only real bitch I could think of besides the buzzing through the handlebars which the Nomad may not have.

I was on the Wing today, went single trip of 90 miles, that was long enough until I needed to stretch a bit, "hitch" in my "get-along" but I stretch every 90 mins anyway.

Just getting the stretch ready for May....can hardly wait.

Fatwing Chris
Motorcycle: 2004 ABS Model Goldwing

Postby Fatwing Chris » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:08 am

The Vaquero(Voyager without a trunk) gets close to the same mileage to a tank of fuel as mine and we seldom stop until we need fuel.I'm always 2-up and he rides by himself(stock seat with a drivers backrest for him and a heated $1400 Corbin on mine)and I've never heard him complain of discomfort at the end of even long days.That bike works really well and looks good too.

If I'da known it would last this long,I'da taken better care of it.
Chris
Double Dark
Darkside # 1602

Return to “Goldwing Chat”