Artwork

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Big Blue UK
Motorcycle: GL1800 Monarch

Artwork

Postby Big Blue UK » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:41 pm

Feel like I have been hijacking several threads on several forums discussing this subject, so I thought I would start one on the subject, all things artwork.

Big Blue artwork pics.

If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

spiralout
Motorcycle: 1975 GL1000 (gone)
1980 GL1100I (with '77 1000 engine)
1996 GL1500 SE

Re: Artwork

Postby spiralout » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:39 pm

Seems like I've seen the art on this bike in another thread. Or 2. Or 3. Or 4. Or...

Just kidding with ya. Beautiful airbrush work on Big Blue.

Big Blue UK
Motorcycle: GL1800 Monarch

Postby Big Blue UK » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:18 pm

spiralout wrote:Seems like I've seen the art on this bike in another thread. Or 2. Or 3. Or 4. Or...

Just kidding with ya. Beautiful airbrush work on Big Blue.

You have a point though, which is the reason for this thread. The artwork is not yet really finished, I often get asked and end up posting pics and discussing artwork hijacking someone else's thread. So this is a sort of all things artwork, I almost titled it Artwork hijack thread.

I have not as yet taken a photo of the 1500 solo or the 1800 trike myself, they are all what I have found on the www, been pointed to, or been emailed.
People stop to take pictures while driving down the road, loads of people pass me on the motorway with passengers pointing their phone at me.
Last summer I had messages saying they saw my trike on Facebook, on you tube, on bike websites, and even in a newspaper. Uh!!...
If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:05 am

Not that blue is not a good colour, but I have had a 'blue' with a person who parked their car in a motorcycle bay. Now dont you hate that?

That was just to make you feel at home, that someone would hijack your Artwork thread.

Nice diagrams on your combination, though. :twisted:
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

urbanmadness
Motorcycle: 1982 Gl1100A Aspencade *sold
1989 GL1500 Aspencade

Postby urbanmadness » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:08 pm

I love the airbrush work on your bike.... did you do the air brush work yourself?

Here is what I did with mine. Normally I would of gone stock with everything, but I figured, I paid 500 bucks for my bike, so I was gonna have some fun with it.

So, it's a goldwing with airbrushed skulls.... The "red" is a candy pearl paint, so it changes colors, depended on how the light hits it. I am temped to do it over and ditch the white but, it gets lots of looks now!

what I started with
what I started with

saddle bag
saddle bag

trunck
trunck

tank
tank

tank II
tank II

front
front