windscreens

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
pappasmurf
Motorcycle: 1986 1200i Honda goldwing

windscreens

Postby pappasmurf » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:11 am

ok so I need some thoughts ,opinions , suggestions in regards to windscreens and the best material acrylic, Lucite, plexi , and whatever else is out there that windscreens are made from . which is the better or best to replace my original Goldwing 1200i windscreen with ? I know my original one is way over due for replacement can barely see out of it ,and when I hit 70 or higher even on a not so windy day the top of the windscreen bends towards me pretty much almost in half ,just waiting for it to start splintering and come flying at me while im riding .
so any thoughts opinions would greatly be appreciated

tfdeputydawg
Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Re: windscreens

Postby tfdeputydawg » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:43 am

Simply put, IMHO, F4 custom of your choice is the best there is!!!

metalsmith
Motorcycle: 1987 GL1200A Aspencade

Re: windscreens

Postby metalsmith » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:03 pm

I have been extremely happy with my Cee Bailey's that I put on our 1200. http://www.ceebaileys.com/honda/gl1200ws.html That is our bike on their site. I was back and forth with them several times prior to purchasing, and they were always happy to answer my questions. When I finally ordered it I got the +4" and ran it for two seasons that way, including a trip to Alaska. On a trip through Oregon we got into some rain one night that made me decide to try having it shortened. In actuality I don't know If helped me out with the rain visibility thing since we have never been on the road in a storm (at night) like that one again. It was bad enough that we pulled off under a shelter and waited 1 1/2 hours. Even when I stood on the pegs and looked over the shield, I couldn't make out the road surface due to the water on the roadway and the splashing 10 to 12 inches off that.

I contacted Cee Bailey's about getting it shortened - they offer a one time cutting service at no charge (you pay to ship to them is all) They didn't even ask how long I've had it on the bike. Just said send it. Got it back, beautiful. They had cut it, refinished the edge, and polished the whole thing to factory new condition.

I was better protected behind the +4", now my helmet gets some buffeting depending on wind conditions. Tailgunner says she did not see much difference either way as far as the wind she is getting.

The clarity is exceptional (they do aircraft window/windshields) and the material is 3/16ths" thick and quite rigid.

Definitely worth taking a look at them as you compare what's out there.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”