urgently require help

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
brianaber
Motorcycle: 1980 GL1100

urgently require help

Postby brianaber » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:49 am

As some of you may have read in my previous topic , I bought 2 '85 gl1200 ltd.'s from 2 different guys one in WI and the other in SC and had them both sent to IL to a guy who promised to have them serviced , tires changed, brakes changed etc...etc. I paid him $2500 up front as per his quote, he had the bikes for more than 100 days and stopped answering my mails and phone calls. When I eventually managed to contact him it turned out that he had not done what he was paid to do! (Needless to say he did not return the money!!!) To cut a long story short I arranged with JOE from id transport to collect these bikes and when he picked them up he was given a box of parts and 2 new tires (which I had paid to have fitted) The bikes are now in the port in BAYONNE 07002 NJ. It is important to have these tires fitted to the bike before shipping as we are not allowed to import tires separately into ISRAEL that are older than 6 months from production date ????? DMV law. Does any one know of a reliable person or shop who for a reasonable price will collect the bike that needs tires and fit them and return the bike to the port. I should be getting a list of the parts that are in the box?? and may need them to be fitted as well. Forgot to mention that we cannot get these tires here that's why I am going to all this trouble. PLEASE CAN SOME ONE HELP.................BRIAN : :cry:

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Re: urgently require help

Postby redial » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:03 pm

It is obvious, I am not in the area! However, by checking the Vendor listing on this site, I found Hannover PowerSports, that are only 36 mins away (via Google Maps), and they provide a pickup service.

If all else fails, you might like to contact them:

or call (973) 428-1735 to request repairs or maintenance service for your motorcycle, ATV, utility vehicle or dirt bike. Trust us for repair, parts, accessories and more to meet your motorcycle riding needs. Bring your sport or off-road cycle or UTV to our dealership in East Hanover, NJ, or contact us for pick up and delivery service.

I dont know if they would want to work on a GW of your vintage, but you could try. Best of luck.

How are you going about getting your money back? A sad situation, taking advantage of an overseas person.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

f1xrupr
Motorcycle: 1980 gl 1100 Std. Vetter

Postby f1xrupr » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:00 am

I would like to help-I can do the repairs, but I'm not sure where or how to begin. I'm in southern Virginia, and the only way I have to move it is a small semi, and that gets complicated. It's also a fuel burden.
My exercise bike is a goldwing.

brianaber

Postby brianaber » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:18 am

Thanks for your reply's ; redial ; I will be phoning the contact you suggested , about the money paid to him , I am looking for a solution of how to get my money back from JAMES TRENT!! SOME ONE SUGGESTED THAT I FIND A LAWER ON GOOGLE TO WRITE HIM A LETTER ...... A BIT RISKY?? :?
FIXRUPR, it would have been a good idea if I had your option before I sent the bikes to NJ I would have had them dropped off at your place .. maybe next time ,,,thanks
BRIAN

brianaber

Postby brianaber » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:51 am

found PETER @CIRCLE MOTOR CYCLE WHO IS PREPARED TO FINISH THESE BIKES , BUT HAS NO TRANSPORT SERVICE, ANY IDEAS?? IN NJ \NEWARK AREA(ZIP 07002) WHO IS A RELIABLE TRANSPORTER ?

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:39 am

Are you a member of an automobile association. (It is AAA in USA). They have tow trucks on contract, and you could arrange for one of them to trailer the bikes to where you want. It would be a safe, but probably fairly expensive transport for them.

If you are willing to accept Fixupr's offer, then you would have to transport them 415 miles (by Google Maps). You could always pay Fixupr to run his "gas guzzling" truck the distance, but then it would be a day's trip each way, as well.

Just floating ideas here, without any ego being in a solution, you pick the one that is best for you.

As for the alleged swindler, you could look up the name and get his address, <http://www.whitepages.com/name/James-Trent/NJ> may get you close. In Oz, the automobile association has a legal service for motorists, that will take you through the letter process without too much expense.

Hope it all works out well.

Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”