Short ride

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
jeffers
Motorcycle: 1986 Goldwing Aspencade

Short ride

Postby jeffers » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:57 pm

Got to finally go for a short ride the other day. MY BIKE IS UNBELIEVABLE!!! Gotta love it!!! Had to get new tire for the rear for inspection. I found a guy to change it for me for 20 bucks and i have the light rail around the bottom. This guy did a super job...he was very careful with everything. Of course I gave him a nice tip. Afterwards, I took a short ride and it felt wonderful to get back out there in the wind. Gonna get my inspection soon and down the road I go. Also wanted to share an idea with you all. I was washing my wing the other day and I wondered..." Is there an easier way to wash the places where you really can't get with your hands?" :idea: :idea: :idea: Dollar store..... for a buck, I bought one of those sponge class/ bottle washers with the handle on it. :D :D :D :D Works great!!!!

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Re: Short ride

Postby redial » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:27 pm

Try a bucket of warm soapy/detergent-y water, and a bottle brush. The brushes with the wire handles are better than the rigid plastic ones, (because you can bend them to get behind stuff), and you can get them with different size heads with different "harshness".
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

jeffers

Postby jeffers » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:22 pm

I thought maybe the actual bottle brush would scratch the finish, so I use the sponge one. But if the brushes work better, I'll have to try them.. Thanks much for the info. Didn't realize that there were different stiffness.

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:30 pm

Toilet brushes are fairly stiff, but can achieve the same result. They come with different heads, some spherical, and some half that. The stiff handles usually make them difficult to get around the nooks and crannies that Honda liberally supply with their GW. Most hardware shops should carry them, so that you can get a range of brushes to suit.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

jeffers

Postby jeffers » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:38 pm

You're right there...no shortage on nooks and crannies on the wing :lol: :lol: . I'm definately gonna try some different things. Thanks to guys like you that are willing to share info with other wingers, guys like me learn something new all the time Always good info....

Return to “Goldwing Chat”