Best Flag Size

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
NW Triker
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800 Motortrike (2007)

Best Flag Size

Postby NW Triker » Sat May 23, 2015 11:42 am

I'm looking to add a flag to my trike so I've been searching the internet for the best size and best pole. Also, are their flag manufacturers who's products hold up better than others? Any input would be appreciated.

Never let the Umpire make the decision on the third strike! :o

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: Best Flag Size

Postby themainviking » Sat May 23, 2015 1:56 pm

Are you thinking of a full sized flag for parade purposes, or a small sized flag to be mounted directly to the bike? If the small size, none of them stand up really well, but GWRRA's products are as good as most. Show Chrome made the best folding flag mounts so that bike covers could still be used, and they also sell flags to fit. The most common size, I believe is 6" X 9", but the smaller 4" X 6", if you can find a mount for it, stand up a bit better than the larger. I have just removed all flag mounts and flags from my bike as it was hard to keep up with having a national flag in decent condition.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

NW Triker
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800 Motortrike (2007)

Postby NW Triker » Sat May 23, 2015 4:27 pm

I was thinking of a flag to fly on an everyday basis not just for parades. My wife and I were just talking about that exact thing; how often would we have to replace the flag(s). I received an email from Wing Stuff Customer Service and they say they don't recommend even the 6x9's be flown at highway speeds or they will shred in short order. I don't want to have to constantly be replacing them. I'm beginning to think this may be an idea that needs to be tabled for the time being.
Never let the Umpire make the decision on the third strike! :o

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Sat May 23, 2015 9:52 pm

Or get a transfer to apply to the body work.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Mon May 25, 2015 6:46 am

This may be too large for you but I use one of those flags that are made to be clipped to an automobile window. It is 11 X 15" and is double sided (2 flags sewn together) and very heavy material. I only use it on the back of my trailer when I pull it but it may look fine on your trike. I have been using it for three years (perhaps 15k miles) at highway speeds and it is still holding up with no noticeable wear.

Tom

Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”