Used trike

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100A Aspencade

Used trike

Postby petesgoldwing » Thu May 28, 2015 6:20 pm

Looking to maybe purchase a used wing trike. Any info as to what to look for and year to stay away from would be a great help. But still keeping my 82 Aspencade (no matter what wife says) ;) :lol:

Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan

Re: Used trike

Postby tfdeputydawg » Thu May 28, 2015 6:47 pm

Bike: 2006 Level III Wing (Permium Audio, Comfort System, Nav.
Conversion: 2010 35th Anniversary Hannigan
Bike Accessories:
Ring of Fire(blue/red/amber)with on/off switch, front fender ext. w/braces, grip puppies, Kury Switch Blades, Kury Passenger foot rests, Utopia"quick out" rider backrest, Baker mirror wings, upper/lower air wings, trike wings, trunk lid lighted spoiler, Honda CB, trunk lid organizer, trunk carpet, F4+4 tinted/vented windshield, brake side heel rest, chrome side cover trim.
Hannigan upgrades:
Whale tail spoiler, chrome wheels, weight bearing foot fairings. All forward faces surfaces + top outer edge of foot fairings + area behind passenger foot rests protected w/3M Stone Gard.

Recently completely serviced + new fork springs and new front tire.
New battery(not installed)
Service manual.
Complete records w/papers from all installed accessories.
Will include 2 J&M headsets for open face, flip face or full face helmets.
Bike has 38K miles, conversion has 18K miles.
$22,000. For sale because wife can no longer take trips w/me and I will not leave her alone!
I studied/tested trike conversions for almost 4yrs before picking the Hannigan as the smoothest riding conversion I found!
Cell number is (317)496-9929

Motorcycle: gl1800

Postby Ghostman » Fri May 29, 2015 7:40 am

Off the top of my head I would check out if looking at 01-04 wings the frames for cracks because of the early frame recalls. If its a CSC trike check out the driveshaft because of known driveshaft issues. Earlier model Motor trikes check out the air suspension to see if it leaks and make sure the trike sits level. Sometimes the MTs creak and groan due to dry heim joints on the ladder bars on the chassis. Also when looking at a trike see if the owner has kept up on their maintenance. Some owners treat them like cars and fix them when they break rather than keeping up on maintenance. Usually the next owner gets the can of worms. But if you want to save yourself some headache and its in your ballpark its worth taking a minute and checking out Toms Hannigan. Anyone who gets that trike is getting a deal.

jim mccarty
Motorcycle: 99 Goldwing Se/CSC trike

Postby jim mccarty » Fri May 29, 2015 7:05 pm

I'm ready to sell mine if interested.
99 GL1500SE/CSC
2 tone red
EZ Steer
Corbin seat
25000 miles
Honda service manual
Located in Georgia