Insurance for Goldwing trike

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
celiat
Motorcycle: none yet. looking

Insurance for Goldwing trike

Postby celiat » Fri May 29, 2015 3:56 pm

I joined about a year ago to find information for my husband who was thinking of getting a trike. Well, he is now about ready to buy one. We checked with our insurance agent who we have used for years with our house, cars, trailers, etc. He gave my husband a round about answer for insurance on a goldwing bike and said "they would take in consideration the trike kit" if there was a claim. We weren't happy with that answer. :roll:

So I would like to know what company you would recommend for insurance on a trike. It is a late 1990's trike with low miles. We plan to look at it next week. :D

Thank you!

AZgl1800
Motorcycle: '02 GL1800 still young at 108,900 miles

Re: Insurance for Goldwing trike

Postby AZgl1800 » Sat May 30, 2015 1:57 am

I would specifically call an agent for Progressive and explain what you have.

I've been with them about 20 years, and just upped my coverage this week and did it online.

but, during that session, I read that if you need "Specified Value" that you need to call an authorized agent and explain what you have, you must provide documentation as to what you have, and must have receipts for everything.

Once all that is done, you will be provided a premium figure based on:
zipcode, credit score, and the total value figure you want to have covered.

Back in '08 a semi totaled my 1500 while I was on it of course. Almost totaled me, but some fancy doctors saved my skin.
I had a full insurance pkg on that bike and I valued it at $10k at the time.

To get my claim covered, I was asked to provide all of the above items, took 30 days, but I got my check.
In addition, they gave me a 2nd check to cover my ATGATT stuff, helmet, jacket, pants, boots, etc...
John
'02 Gl1800 Hot Rod Yellow,
daughter named her Big Bird :lol:
http://www.goldwingfacts.com

Ghostman
Motorcycle: gl1800

Re: Insurance for Goldwing trike

Postby Ghostman » Sat May 30, 2015 10:44 am

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/ ... -Insurance
Heres a real good thread on trike insurance. Read the whole thread and pay special attention to post number 22. With what youre saying about your insurance company and their answers I would have some regrets insuring my trike through them

Return to “Goldwing Chat”