And yet another sad story

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
made2care
Motorcycle: Yamaha 750- college days- sold
Yamaha virago- sold
Honda VTX 1300- sold
Honda shadow Aero 1100- sold
1987 Honda Goldwing interstate "Sleeping Beauty"- sold
02 kawasaki vulcan 1500 drifter - sold
1997 Honda goldwing SE 1500 - AKA "Black Beard" (current)
1981 GL1100 - "The Wanderer"

And yet another sad story

Postby made2care » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:10 am

This last weekend a well known sportscaster for Oklahoma City channel 4 news, bob Barry jr died while riding his scooter. Driver in front of him made an illegal u turn, Barry hit the driver side door and was thrown some 30 feet from his scooter. The driver was an illegal from Mexico who was also in possession of cocaine. Barry was taken to OU medical head trauma center where he later died from his injuries. He was not wearing a helmet.
Very sad and at the same time angry. I hope they lock this sob up for a very long time, at our expense of course. Yes, he should have been wearing a helmet but ............

harvey01
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Re: And yet another sad story

Postby harvey01 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:09 pm

I don't have much sympathy for a motorcycle rider who does not wear a helmet. I realize you said he was on a scooter but he still needs a helmet and protective clothing.

And I do think they should deport the illegal to his home country instead of me having to pay to feed, clothe, provide a bed, air conditioning, heat, tv, telephone, electric lights, toilet facilities, and other things to support life for as long as he is locked up. And this does not even list the costs of taking care of any dependents he might have.
harvey
Ride Safe and Ride Often

made2care
Yamaha virago- sold
Honda VTX 1300- sold

Postby made2care » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:39 pm

Deport?? Not effective. He would be back within 6 weeks with more drugs and more than likely kill someone else again. I agree, Barry should have been geared up, however, have you geared up appropriately 100% of the time your entire life??? If so, statistically you are not the norm........and good for you.
As for political rhetoric, no solution. The end always justifies the means, and although I brought it up, no solution would solve this problem. It's past fixing, I think.

Mh434
Motorcycle: 1997 gl1500 SE
Previous:
1981 GL1100I
1989 Kawasaki Concours

Postby Mh434 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:01 pm

harvey01 wrote:I don't have much sympathy for a motorcycle rider who does not wear a helmet. I realize you said he was on a scooter but he still needs a helmet and protective clothing.

And I do think they should deport the illegal to his home country instead of me having to pay to feed, clothe, provide a bed, air conditioning, heat, tv, telephone, electric lights, toilet facilities, and other things to support life for as long as he is locked up. And this does not even list the costs of taking care of any dependents he might have.

You forgot to mention collecting tax refunds on taxes he never paid!

made2care
Yamaha virago- sold
Honda VTX 1300- sold

Postby made2care » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:33 pm

Come to find out, he has already been deported twice. This is according to a local newspaper.

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:19 am

Whether he was wearing a helmet doesn't even enter the picture here. The man is dead through no fault of his own. If this "ILLEGAL ALIEN" hadn't been here "illegally" and driving "illegally" with no license "illegal" or insurance "illegal" this wouldn't have even happened. And yes he had been already been deported twice before. I have no sympathy for this creep or his family. On top of that the ignorant liberal judge who heard the case gave him a $18k bail but fortunately there was already an immigration hold on him. Meaning he was known to be here "illegally". So he, hopefully, won't be getting out just to flee to Mexico for a year or two and then return. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Tom
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

SteveB123
Motorcycle: 1982 1100I, 60A Poorboy, MSD coil

Postby SteveB123 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:48 pm

dingdong wrote:Whether he was wearing a helmet doesn't even enter the picture here.

Yeah, sure.
Then it was a deity's will that he is dead.
Current:82 GL1100 Interstate, 60 Amp Poorboy, MSD coil
Previous: 93 GSX1100F Katana
82 GL500 Silverwing

SteveB123
Motorcycle: 1982 1100I, 60A Poorboy, MSD coil

Postby SteveB123 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:56 pm

made2care wrote:Deport?? Not effective. He would be back within 6 weeks with more drugs and more than likely kill someone else again. I agree, Barry should have been geared up, however, have you geared up appropriately 100% of the time your entire life??? If so, statistically you are not the norm.

Statistically, I always wear a helmet. That's 100%.
What data are you using to ascertain the likelihood of the driver to cause another traffic fatality?
Current:82 GL1100 Interstate, 60 Amp Poorboy, MSD coil
Previous: 93 GSX1100F Katana
82 GL500 Silverwing

made2care
Yamaha virago- sold
Honda VTX 1300- sold

Postby made2care » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:10 pm

SteveB123 wrote:
made2care wrote:Deport?? Not effective. He would be back within 6 weeks with more drugs and more than likely kill someone else again. I agree, Barry should have been geared up, however, have you geared up appropriately 100% of the time your entire life??? If so, statistically you are not the norm.

Statistically, I always wear a helmet. That's 100%.
What data are you using to ascertain the likelihood of the driver to cause another traffic fatality?

No data needed to ascertain. Just using common logic and the likelihood that you have said driver profile in your town is off the charts( no data here either, just watch the evening news every night), but your non concern is understandable, since you wear a helmet 100% of the time.

harvey01

Postby harvey01 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:04 pm

made2care: I understand your sentiments, but I still hate to pay to support an illegal. While it would be simpler and quicker a bullet would be a complete solution, but that can't happen without a few changes to the laws. However sending the illegal back would save us a lot of taxpayers money.

If he comes back he will break the law again and be sent back again. And if enough of us write letters complaining to the President, and our congressmen, they will find a way to keep him away from our borders.
harvey
Ride Safe and Ride Often

twostrokes48
Motorcycle: 98 Goldwing 1500 trike
75 GL1000 (restoring)
98 Goldwing with landing gear (for sale)
94 Goldwing 1500- towpac trike (sold)
88 Goldwing 1500- (sold)
84 GL1200 Aspy-SOLD
75 GL1000(stolen 87)
88 GW trike (totaled)
1972 750k2

Postby twostrokes48 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:49 pm

It is a sad state in this country with the illegals. Perhaps a bullet is the answer but not in the driver. Maybe in the individual who has the power to stop them from coming, but uses it to help them get here. I know it would make the streets safer here in San Antonio. I hear on the local news, we lose two or three MC riders every week. I don't know how many are due to illegals, but I know there is a large population of them living here. And all with no fear of anything happening due to orders put out to all law enforcement to just leave them alone.

dingdong
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:20 am

harvey01 wrote:If he comes back he will break the law again and be sent back again. And if enough of us write letters complaining to the President, and our congressmen, they will find a way to keep him away from our borders.

Wishful thinking. That will happen when pigs can fly. Almost none of these illegal aliens are being deported. They are here and here to stay. Before this Presidents term is over they will all be here legally with millions more to come. Personally I would rather pay for his incarceration and have him off the streets than pay for his and his family's health care and education. He broke multiple laws and caused someone's death. Time to pay the piper. Bob Barry Jr was a well loved, contributing member of this community and that was tragically ended, totally due to this multiple felon's actions.

Tom
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

harvey01

Postby harvey01 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:46 am

dingdong wrote:
harvey01 wrote:If he comes back he will break the law again and be sent back again. And if enough of us write letters complaining to the President, and our congressmen, they will find a way to keep him away from our borders.

Wishful thinking. That will happen when pigs can fly. Almost none of these illegal aliens are being deported. They are here and here to stay. Before this Presidents term is over they will all be here legally with millions more to come. Personally I would rather pay for his incarceration and have him off the streets than pay for his and his family's health care and education. He broke multiple laws and caused someone's death. Time to pay the piper. Bob Barry Jr was a well loved, contributing member of this community and that was tragically ended, totally due to this multiple felon's actions.

Tom

Tom,

I feel your pain, but I think you are forgetting that while this illegal is in prison costing you about 25-30,000 per year, you will also be paying to support his dependents anyway.

If we don't hold our president and congressmen accountable for their actions and the results of their actions, then truthfully we have no one to blame for this situation but ourselves. And understand that I live in a district with a congressman who has never voted against the President and have two liberal senators so I know how frustrating they can be. But that does not stop me from emailing them or sending them letters and letting them know I pay taxes and I care.
harvey
Ride Safe and Ride Often

dingdong
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:24 pm

I feel your pain, but I think you are forgetting that while this illegal is in prison costing you about 25-30,000 per year, you will also be paying to support his dependents anyway.

If we don't hold our president and congressmen accountable for their actions and the results of their actions, then truthfully we have no one to blame for this situation but ourselves. And understand that I live in a district with a congressman who has never voted against the President and have two liberal senators so I know how frustrating they can be. But that does not stop me from emailing them or sending them letters and letting them know I pay taxes and I care.

Believe me I let my elected officials know what I think. The problem remains. He killed a member of our community and he has to be held accountable. If we look at all criminal action with an (it cost too much to incarcerate) attitude where would we be? In this case deporting him will mean nothing. His family will drive down to Mexico the next day to pick him up and drive him back to Oklahoma. Literally. What has been accomplished?

Sorry Made2care for ranting on your thread. I'll shut up now.

Tom
Tom

made2care
Yamaha virago- sold
Honda VTX 1300- sold

Postby made2care » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:41 pm

I'm just very sad for Bob Barry's family, I believe 4 children and of course a spouse is now without a father and husband. I honestly believe that this immigration situation will never be resolved. I'm wearing my helmet everyday now. I'm live in Oklahoma too, legally that is.........

Return to “Goldwing Chat”