Can you hear me now?

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
PoolDude
Motorcycle: 1975 GL1000

Can you hear me now?

Postby PoolDude » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:05 pm

Nope not a muffler question. Thanks to too many pieces of equipment, too loud of music and a few firearms here and there my hearing is no longer what it once was. In fact I'm due to get this set of hearing aids replaced in a couple of months and was wondering if any of you young guys had any ideas. Right now I use some over the ear aids and simply take them out for riding but have been considering in the ear models. That would eliminate the hassle of taking them out, storing somewhere that is safe and remembering to put them back in every time. Ideas, advice, anecdotes, flat out stupid and humorous comments?

dtrider
Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800

Re: Can you hear me now?

Postby dtrider » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:07 pm

I just went through the process of getting hearing aids. According to my audiologist, the style of hearing aid depends on the type of hearing loss. In my case, in the ear would not really be a good choice because my loss is only in the upper ranges, so an over the ear is a better choice to only amplify those ranges while allowing other ranges to come through normally. In the ear would block out all ranges, so it has to transmit all ranges.

Regardless, I think you would end up removing either type before pulling on your helmet. Face it. Those things are expensive, so you probably don't want to risk knocking one out when you pull your helmet on. I got some custom molded ear buds to wear in my helmet, and they work great. The hearing aids come out and go into the soft case in my pocket, and the buds take their place. I would suggest that you look at some sort of buds instead of trying to keep your aids in.
Every day is a good day for a bike ride. Some days are just better than others.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”