Rear Brakes

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
plesaint
Motorcycle: 2010 goldwing

Rear Brakes

Postby plesaint » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:55 pm

Seems I need to bleed my rear brakes a lot. All the bleeders have clear fluid except for the upper bleeder on the rear caliper. It is always the one that seems to have bubbles. Have speed bleeders on so not really a big deal to do but getting old.

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Re: Rear Brakes

Postby redial » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:33 am

You may have a hole in one of the lines. If you are having to do this job a lot, then further investigation is required, just saying.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

Fiberthree
Motorcycle: Black 1999 GL1500SE

Postby Fiberthree » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:11 am

redial wrote:You may have a hole in one of the lines.

I'd check for caked on dirt anywhere along the line from the rear master cylinder to the caliper. Even a small crack on the caliper around the speed bleeder fitting could let air in. I bought the speed bleeders for my 1500 but haven't installed them as of yet. I'll be checking the threads to make sure they are metric and the right pitch before changing out the originals. Let us know what you find.
Ed

WARNING: All posts are subject to influence from an uncontrollable dominant sarcastic gene. Offensive remarks may or may not be intentional.

plesaint

Postby plesaint » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:06 pm

Possible but not losing any fluid, and no sign of leaks. I will run the line today to make sure.

plesaint

Postby plesaint » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Well 2 weeks later and no leaks detected and brakes fine. Hopefully will stay that way. The speed bleeders were a great call. Makes the job much easier.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”