D2Moto is having a killer brake pad sale!

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
wilmo
Motorcycle: 1994 Goldwing SE Blue-the fastest color
2005 Yamaha Majesty 400

D2Moto is having a killer brake pad sale!

Postby wilmo » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:27 pm

I received an email from D2Moto for a great sale on brake pads. They are offering all 3 sets of pads bundled together for ridiculous prices. I ordered mine for the 1200 for a paltry $15.65 and free shipping. They also have the sintered pads if you want them for less than $22!. The url is http://www.d2moto.com/Street-Bike-Brake-Pads.html and from here you select what bike you have, model, year, etc.
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with D2Moto in any way shape or form, I'm just passing on a great deal for everyone. There isn't an expiration date for the sale on the ad so I suggest hurry because they have to come to their senses soon :lol:

ankgrays
Motorcycle: 1981 GL1100 interstate

Re: D2Moto is having a killer brake pad sale!

Postby ankgrays » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:15 am

WOW!

Just ordered a set of rears for the 1100...for less than $10!!! :D
I don't tolerate voluntary stupidity very well, and it seems to be rampant now-a-days.

"One of the problems about quotes from the internet, is that one cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

wilmo
Motorcycle: 1994 Goldwing SE Blue-the fastest color
2005 Yamaha Majesty 400

Postby wilmo » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:18 pm

Wow already I got them today. they were shipped 2 day priority and for free. This is great service at a great price. What I didn't know was that all 3 sets are the same pads-I expected differences but they are all the same. My on bike pads are at about the halfway point compared to new. Two years ago when I had to rebuild the calipers, I just stuck on the same pads. At that time I noticed they were cracked and very black but just put them on. Would you make this a fall project or wait until spring and then exchange the fluid as well? It stops fine but maybe it could be better? Don't know what this bike will feel like with new pads as that hasn't happened yet :roll: ?

OldZX11Rider
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL1500 Goldwing SE

Postby OldZX11Rider » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:34 pm

I know this sale is probably over but I've got a question regarding brakes. I intended to change out all my brakes because when I had a chance to eyeball my front brakes, right after I got it in November, I thought they looked a little thin.
Now I've been searching for new brakes and from the photos I've looked at, the new ones don't look much thicker than the ones I've got.
So how do you know when to change brake pads? I don't want to change out perfectly good brakes but I don't want to wait until its screeching metal to metal either.
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:

Dusty Boots
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500Aspencade

Postby Dusty Boots » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:53 am

OldZX11Rider wrote:So how do you know when to change brake pads? I don't want to change out perfectly good brakes but I don't want to wait until its screeching metal to metal either.

By pulling the pads and eyeballing them!
The fronts are easy to pull and the rears usually don't wear as fast as the front right

After you've had your bike for some time, if you stick to the same type and brand of pads (I'd recommend the OEM Honda pads) you'll develop a good idea how long they last and when you should be checking them for wear.

This is a set of OEM rear pads that had 110,472 mi-177,785 km on them (I'm a front brake biased rider) and I could have got at least another year out of them, but changed them anyways.

Seeing as I'm a front brake biased rider, I'll get between 30 - 35,000 mi out of the OEM pads up front, so I check them around every 30,000 miles..

If you have the EBC 'Organic' pads, expect to inspect/replace them every 5 - 7,000 miles if you are a front brake biased rider! :o

OldZX11Rider

Postby OldZX11Rider » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:43 am

I'm also heavily biased to the front brakes, although I never did a stoppie. :lol: It was always just easier to change front brakes.
This is the first motorcycle I've owned with linked brakes and I found out quick that if I wanted to stop in a hurry, I've got to step on the rear brake pedal.
The brakes I've been looking at, look like the ones you took off your bike, except they're cleaner and shinier. :roll:
Hmmm...so if I replace them all with oem, I don't know what's in there right now, checking them every time I put on new tires should be sufficient. :D
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:

Rednaxs60
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 LTD, 2008 GL1800

Postby Rednaxs60 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:31 am

When you do check the pads, also check the caliper sleeve to make sure it moves freely. If it doesn't move freely it will not allow the caliper to self centre and can make the brake bind and the pads wear unevenly.

Cheers

Ernest
"When you write the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen"

Ernest

OldZX11Rider

Postby OldZX11Rider » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:17 am

Okay. Everything is plenty dirty under those covers. I tried cleaning all that "stuff" once with Windex but it was really stuck on there.
I think I've got a can of brake cleaner out in the shop but I'll pick up a new one before I start.
Thanks for the tip. :D

Return to “Goldwing Chat”