Photo Tag ---Anyone want to play?

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Thomas Hudson
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200A Aspencade
1982 GL500 Silver Wing
1979 CM400A Automatic

Photo Tag ---Anyone want to play?

Postby Thomas Hudson » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:07 am

This is a game that has been pretty popular on a few sites that I frequent. Basically someone gives an idea of a location or object that they would like to see with your bike in the picture, and the first person who post a picture of the location/item with the bike wins the chance to set the next challenge. It's a fun and engaging game that adds another reason to get out and ride. If there is interest I will set up a new thread with the rules and the first challenge.
Let me know if you want to play along, or if this isn't of interest on this site.
Thanks,
Thomas
Example: Someone made the Tag a Golf Course, so I got a picture of my bike and a golf course. Pretty simple and fun.
Attachments

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Photo Tag ---Anyone want to play?

Postby WingAdmin » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:19 am

Alright, I'm game...you posted the first one, so you pick the next one!

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:50 pm

What are we waiting for?

Tom
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

squirrel
Motorcycle: 1982 gl1100c (interstate)

Postby squirrel » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:58 pm

Im in but remember I'm in the UK so no tags for yosemite or the applation trail .not even the tail of the dragon :-)

wingman12
Motorcycle: 1999 gl1500 se

Postby wingman12 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:22 pm

I am game, it sounds like fun. :P :P

Thomas Hudson
1982 GL500 Silver Wing
1979 CM400A Automatic

Postby Thomas Hudson » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:45 pm

Here are the rules (thanks to americanclassic from the CX/GL Forum):

1. Your bike must be in the picture.

2. If the tag is some sort of a business, national chains aren't allowed. They're too common and make the game too easy.

3. Nothing illegal or dangerous (no pics of you riding a wheelie on the freeway or anything stupid like that).

4. The first person to successfully post the tag is the winner, but if you also got it (but too late) and want to post your pic anyway just for fun, feel free to do so (the point is to have fun riding, and it's cool to see pictures of people getting out and having fun with their bikes).

5. If a challenge is not met within a 48 hour period, the current tag will be dropped and the previous winner will declare a new tag. (We can be flexible with this rule. For example, if the time is up but someone has said they can get it the next day, it's okay to let the time limit slide a bit to give the person time to do it. But if no one has said they can get it soon for sure, then a new tag can be announced.) If the new tag has not been declared within 24 hours because the person who is supposed to do it is missing, the group can then move ahead with the game and declare a new tag. The new tag can be declared by whomever chooses to do so once the 24 hour wait is over.

6. No Photoshop.

7. Pictures must be taken after the tag was announced. In other words, no using old pictures you've got saved on your computer to win a current tag. That's cheating and defeats the purpose of the game, which is to get people out and riding.

8. If a tag proves difficult to find and someone posts a picture that almost meets the requirement (for example, something that's almost as big or almost as old as specified in the tag), it will be up to the person who specified the tag to decide if it's 'close enough'.

9. State the location of the picture (if it's not obvious), just to satisfy everyone's curiosity.

10. You can't get your own tag.

Some of these rules can be bent. Some (particularly the national chain rule) are more of suggestions than cold hard rules. In the end it is up to the person who presented the tag to decide if yours counts.

I know many of us have multiple bikes, so I don't think it should be type/brand specific. As long as it has two (or three wheels) it's fine.

Try to keep it country/region neutral. So everyone can have a shot at getting the tag. i.e. In stead of say a picture with Big Ben, you say a pic with a giant clock. And in stead of say a pic from Yellow Stone, you ask for a pic in a state park. That way everyone has a chance to play.
Now get on your bike and ride.

Thomas Hudson
1982 GL500 Silver Wing
1979 CM400A Automatic

Postby Thomas Hudson » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:24 pm

Welcome to the photo tag game. Remember: It's about riding and having fun. Be safe and don't put yourself in harms way to get a picture.

Let's start with your bike and a body of water. Lake/stream/waterfall/ocean/pond.

squirrel
Motorcycle: 1982 gl1100c (interstate)

Postby squirrel » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:22 am

Body of water (the solent in portsmouth) )taken on one of our rare sunny days
Solent
Solent
next photo tag a war memorial

Hoosier Jack
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 Interstate

Postby Hoosier Jack » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:08 pm

I like this and it is surprising it has not been on here yet. I'll play next week.

Breakdancer
Motorcycle: 1993 gl1500 Aspencade

Postby Breakdancer » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:00 pm

We found one. Went for a ride To Door County, Wi. (the peninsula north of Green Bay), and found this one up in Sister Bay. It isn't very big but We were so glad that Door County remembers it's Veterans. We also came across the Wisconsin Motorcycle Memorial. Pavers with names and dates all around the walkway. Very nice!

Next tag.... how about something carved out of wood??
Attachments
Sister Bay
Sister Bay
Sister Bay
Sister Bay
Wisconsin Motorcycle memorial
Wisconsin Motorcycle memorial
Blue Skies...Scott ;
PGR

Thomas Hudson
1982 GL500 Silver Wing
1979 CM400A Automatic

Postby Thomas Hudson » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:55 pm

Nice work. Great pictures. Thanks for playing along.

wilmo
Motorcycle: 1994 Goldwing SE Blue-the fastest color
2005 Yamaha Majesty 400

Postby wilmo » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:52 pm

Ok so not the greatest of pictures but here they are. This is a wood carving that sits in front of a house in the mouth of our local Ogden Canyon. This bear is seasonally altered for whatever is appropriate at the time. In winter, it has skis and goggles. I couldn't get any closer to the bear because of the soft dirt in front of it so I had to park about 8 ft away from it, which is as close as I could get. The second picture shows just the bear as it is difficult to see in the distance with the bike.
Yes that is my finger on the top of both pictures-I'm not a photographer by any means :mrgreen:

Next tag: some kind of waterfall, can be natural or man-made. Even though suggested in first tag, it wasn't used so I'm being specific.

Thomas Hudson
1982 GL500 Silver Wing
1979 CM400A Automatic

Postby Thomas Hudson » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:13 pm

Nice Bear. I like it.

Thank you to the Admins for moving this thread to the right section of the forum.

Breakdancer

Postby Breakdancer » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:17 pm

Wilmo, maybe since this is relatively a new game, maybe we can extend the deadline before changing tags. I would think someone lives within driving distance of a waterfall. I think that would make a fantastic photo op. We have a nice one about 20 miles away but no chance of getting the bike in the picture. Just my thoughts... :D :D
Blue Skies...Scott ;
PGR

spiralout
Motorcycle: 1975 GL1000 (gone)
1980 GL1100I (with '77 1000 engine)
1996 GL1500 SE

Postby spiralout » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:22 am

Bah, I have a waterfall within half a mile of my house and another around 2 miles away but both are on trails off the pavement. No way I can get my 900 monster down to 'em. Cool if I carry my helmet to them and take a pic of that? :lol:

wilmo
Motorcycle: 1994 Goldwing SE Blue-the fastest color
2005 Yamaha Majesty 400

Postby wilmo » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:59 pm

Breakdancer wrote:Wilmo, maybe since this is relatively a new game, maybe we can extend the deadline before changing tags. I would think someone lives within driving distance of a waterfall. I think that would make a fantastic photo op. We have a nice one about 20 miles away but no chance of getting the bike in the picture. Just my thoughts... :D :D

spiralout wrote:Bah, I have a waterfall within half a mile of my house and another around 2 miles away but both are on trails off the pavement. No way I can get my 900 monster down to 'em. Cool if I carry my helmet to them and take a pic of that? :lol:

Well, I didn't make the rules but I have no issues with taking longer than posted. I believe I took longer than 48 hours to post mine so I personally have no heartache with that. I only mentioned waterfall because just up the street from where the bear is is a man made waterfall at the mouth of the canyon. I agree it may take awhile for most people to get to one, if at all.
As far as using your helmet, I'm content with that as you had to ride to get to the trail, right? The idea as posted is to get people out riding, so that satisfies that requirement. :)

Thomas Hudson
1982 GL500 Silver Wing
1979 CM400A Automatic

Postby Thomas Hudson » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:41 pm

The rules are flexible, we just don't want to wait too long as so the game keeps moving, and if someone can get the shot soon, that'd be cool.
The ideal conditions would induce you to check daily, and ride out an hour or so and collect the tag and maybe get an idea for the next tag. Again it's all in good fun, so please, join in and enjoy the ride and the pictures.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:05 pm

Alright I stopped in the Metroparks and got a shot on my way home from work. :)

Berea Falls
Berea Falls

Next picture is: a windmill. Wind turbine, anything that gets spun by the wind to do work.

Breakdancer

Postby Breakdancer » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:43 pm

Here it is, the windmill in Little Chute, Wi. Kind of a cold overcast day for a ride but what the heck. The object is to get out and ride.The windmill is an authentic, fully functioning 1850s design from the province of North Brabant in the Netherlands and is over 100 feet tall. It was designed and built in the Netherlands, by 4th generation Millwright, Lucas Verbij, disassembled, shipped to Little Chute and reassembled. In fact, they grind on a regular basis. There was no wind today to speak of, so the canvas on the blades were stored. We got there 20 min. after "tour time", but the gentleman invited us in and gave us a personal 45 min. tour. Pretty cool. :D

Next tag... How about a mural? And I'm not talking graffiti on a train, however I have seen a few nice cars roll on by. :lol:
Attachments
Blue Skies...Scott ;
PGR

dtrider
Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800

Postby dtrider » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:41 pm

I'm coming in to the game a little late, but I saw this thread yesterday and since our group had a ride scheduled for this weekend out into the desert I figured it would a cinch to stop by one of the wind farms with hundreds of windmills and get a shot. Unfortunately even though the windmills are easy to see from the highway, I couldn't really get close enough for a good shot of a windmill and the bike together. But then I saw Breakdancer's post last night and I like his traditional windmill much better. However when I saw his category of a mural, I knew just the place to go.

I present to you Freak Alley in Boise, ID. This started off as a way to combat graffiti by allowing local artists a space in an alley to use as a canvas. Since it was started in 2002 some of the paintings have been painted over periodically, but none of the paintings have been hit with graffiti by taggers. Freak Alley is treated with some amount of respect by the type of people who would normally do graffiti tagging.

For the next category, I give my wife Cindy credit for this. Look to the movie "Michael" with John Travolta as an inspiration for this. One of the things in that movie was that he wanted to go see the "World's Biggest ...." or "World's Smallest ..." An example would be the World's Ball of Twine, or the World's Biggest Skillet. So go find a Biggest or Smallest and do a photo of your bike with the sign advertising it. I'm not talking about anything that has been verified by Guinness (but extra props if you post the page from the book for it also), but just something that somebody felt might hold the title of World's Biggest or Smallest.
Every day is a good day for a bike ride. Some days are just better than others.

Thomas Hudson
1982 GL500 Silver Wing
1979 CM400A Automatic

Postby Thomas Hudson » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:46 pm

DTRider;
I love the idea of the Tag, tell you wife
It's a good one, but We may need you to pick another one, and we keep the idea as a bonus tag that folks can add pics from at anytime in the future.
Try something a little more open to the masses to keep the game moving along.
Thank you for playing along, and Freak Alley looks freakin awesome. Great find.

dtrider
Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800

Postby dtrider » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:44 pm

OK. I guess the time has elapsed and nobody has asked for an extension, so maybe something that might be a little easier. How about a water tower, or for those who are in hilly areas, maybe just a water tank. Some of you in the larger cities may have to go a ways to find one, but this is supposed to be about getting out on the bike.

BTW: should the time limit be a bit longer so that us working stiffs can have a better chance to get out when work gets in the way? Especially now that the daylight hours are getting harder to come by.
/dwight
Every day is a good day for a bike ride. Some days are just better than others.

Thomas Hudson
1982 GL500 Silver Wing
1979 CM400A Automatic

Postby Thomas Hudson » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:19 pm

The rules are flexible and as daylight gets harder to find we can stretch things a bit, especially if someone asks for an extention because they know where to get the tag.
I still want to keep your original tag in play for anyone who can find a biggest or smallest in the future. It's a great idea for a tag.
It's all about riding and the adventure that goes with. Thanks for playing. Have fun and enjoy the ride.

bobalou
Motorcycle: 1981 GL 1100

Postby bobalou » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:56 am

Daughter and I have the biggest and smallest in mind.. five hour round trip..we intend to go get them thursday. when she can get off work. I am in Georgia for a bit longer.

Thomas Hudson
1982 GL500 Silver Wing
1979 CM400A Automatic

Postby Thomas Hudson » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:59 am

Liberty North Carolina. Home of two water towers. Next tag is a abandoned factory.
Attachments

Return to “Goldwing Chat”