any ideas?

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1983 gl1100 wineberry aspencade

any ideas?

Postby ezrydr6970 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:08 am

i just traded my 1984 honda shadow vt700 for a 1983 goldwing 1100. my bike needed tires and has 58,000 miles on it, i paid $100 for it! ;) i hit hard times, became unemployed for on the 7th month. Anywho, i went to sell the bike or trade for a goldwing, and wah la a gut called and asked about it, brought the bike over. It was dumped on the side with no engine gaurds. a lot of the bike got repaired but ins. the bike is wineberry, 65,000 on bike and 1000 miles on the brand new motor. :shock: i looked into it all before trading, so far a put rear brakes, the right front brakes and front wheel bearings. all it needs are tires and the latched on the right saddlebag. it is an aspencade, but missing the radio(owner took it off). my questions are if anyone has the right lower fearing? radio/speakers that bolts to the fearing? and when the bike is at idle it sounds like it's lobing, but when reved up sounds great? any ideas? i live in Elgin, IL new to club and first time goldwing owner......joe

Motorcycle: 1986 Honda Goldwing 1200 Aspencade

Re: any ideas?

Postby maestro319 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:23 pm

Hey Joe...I'm new to GoldWings AND new to riding so I can't help you at all. However, I DO live in West Chicago and just bought a 1986 GW 1200 trike. My friend, a rider for 35+ years is teaching me, but I still don't have my confidence up yet. But,...when I do, maybe we could ride together some time. BUT not near West Chicago (3 very busy hwys. #59, #64, #38) I'm not so sure Elgin is any safer, so maybe we could go west past Randell Rd. There is a soon-to-be certified instructor who is taking me on as a student so i can learn better, faster, and safer. i will be meeting her at ECC. Want to join us sometime?

Return to “Goldwing Chat”