Lost and Found

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Solina Dave
Motorcycle: 1978 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (bought in fall of '77)
!977 Honda CB550F (my 1st motorcycle)

Lost and Found

Postby Solina Dave » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:22 pm

First of all, I'd like to say that by the time you read this, there will be some who will say, "There, I told you this Solina Dave guy was a nut!!!
Have you ever lost anything of significant personal value, finally resigned yourself to the fact that it was gone forever, and then later found it? Perhaps a special photograph, or a special gift from someone, or a record of a significant achievement made by you, and acknowledged by others, etc. etc.? I'm sure that a lot of you have gone through this.
This is where it gets a little bit silly, maybe! A month after I bought my new '78 Wing, I rode down to Florida. While there, I spent a day at Disney World. During that day, my eye caught sight of a Mickey Mouse key fob, which I purchased for a paltry sum, and attached to it, my Gold Wing's keys. That combination sat in plain view in my ignition switch for the next 38 years of my motorcycle riding life. You know all about a motorcycling riding life.
A week ago they were missing. I had a spare set of keys, but they didn't have the Mickey Mouse key fob. I'd looked at that Mickey Mouse key fob through thick and thin for all those years. I'd turn off the engine, pocket the keys, and later take the keys out of my pocket, and unlock a world of great times. I was frantic to find them and somewhat lost until they were found. I retraced my steps and searched everywhere. No luck! Somebody said that maybe they fell down between the seat and the console of my car. I checked that carefully with a flashlight. Nothing! I went through the whole routine again a couple of days later. Nothing! I finally said, "it's gone, time to move on", but I was not a happy camper.
Yesterday, that same person just happened to comment, "so, they weren't down between the seat and the console eh?" This morning those words were on my mind, and so I thought I'd give it one more look, but this was going to be it. I shone the flashlight down into the darkness, and there, tucked under a piece of carpet that had gotten rolled back, was about half 'n' inch of the tip of a key sticking out as if saying, "help me!".......... This is a very, very good day!!

Pretty corny I know..........Dave.........................PS..Got any stories?

"Assume Nothing"

maestro319
Motorcycle: 1986 Honda Goldwing 1200 Aspencade

Re: Lost and Found

Postby maestro319 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:46 pm

Yep. Got a bunch of stories like that. Too many to mention. :oops:

NVSB4
Motorcycle: 1996 GL1500SE
1992 GL1500I (sold)
1986 GL1200A (sold)
2002 HD FXDL Low Rider (sold)
1993 Yamaha Virago XV1000 (sold)
Too many others to list

Postby NVSB4 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:25 pm

Solina Dave wrote:PS..Got any stories?

I have more than I want to admit in public. But then again, ask my wife, I'm sure she would love to tell on me. :D
It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

Red=All bikes Blue=Wings

Chris

seelyark1
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1998 GL1500 SE Totaled
1984 VT500C
1967 CB550-4

Postby seelyark1 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:27 pm

Once while getting ready to go on vacation, my wife and I put the keys to the car where we would not forget them. Long story short, we moved out of that house, and never found the keys. That was a lot of years ago but still get a chuckle out of that one. Memory is one of the first things to go :D :D :D .
Ride safe, and smart. Asphalt is like #1 grit sandpaper. Dave

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:54 pm

There, I told you this Solina Dave guy was a nut

There! Happy now?
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

Solina Dave

Postby Solina Dave » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:57 pm

redial wrote:There, I told you this Solina Dave guy was a nut

There! Happy now?

Hey Len, what took you so long?
"Assume Nothing"

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Postby redial » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:09 pm

Hey Dave,
There is no time on my clock that corresponds to the time that your message arrived, 0422 am. After walking my dogs on a long walk, (over an hour), I thought it was time to start clearing the information from this site. As I am retired, I can put off anything till tomorrow, cause if I do it all today, what will there be left for tomorrow?
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

Solina Dave

Postby Solina Dave » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:15 pm

Len, don't worry about it. Tomorrow never comes anyway.
Just go for a ride..........................................................Dave
"Assume Nothing"

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:37 pm

I had a user who wished to post this anonymously ask me to post it for them:

Ok you ask for it.
Being born in the early 60s, and blowing my money up until the late 90s on anything that seemed fun at the time, living like there's no tomorrow, and destroying my reputation and credit along the way, I not only blew my chances, but accepted that fact, that I would never own a home.
Then I became a Christian. I started attending church, gave up bad habits, paying my tithes, etc. Then God rich in mercy, helped me to achieve what only 1 percent of Americans achieve in their lifetime, not only once, but 3 times, not by a law suit, not by a lottery ticket, not by a inheritance, but by hard work and patience, and that's to pay in full for 3 pieces of realestate in the last 14 years, and maybe even a retirement idea.

ankgrays
Motorcycle: 1981 GL1100 interstate

Postby ankgrays » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:44 am

My wife lost her keys...tore up the house looking for them.

Finally gave up and gave her my extra set, knowing that they would "turn up eventually."

The next day, I was mowing the lawn. In the middle of the yard (we have a big yard) I saw what I thought

was another pile left by my dog, Daisy. (Half black lab, half Mastiff...big dog...big pile.) I stopped to pick it up first, before

mowing over it, but noticed it had a car opener in it. Not a dog pile, but my wife's keys.

She has no idea how they got where they were found. She thinks she left them outside on the porch and a crow picked them up.

I think shes' losing it.... :o :lol:
Last edited by ankgrays on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't tolerate voluntary stupidity very well, and it seems to be rampant now-a-days.

"One of the problems about quotes from the internet, is that one cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

f1xrupr
Motorcycle: 1980 gl 1100 Std. Vetter

Postby f1xrupr » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:09 am

ankgrays wrote:My wife lost her keys...tore up the house looking for them.

Finally gave up and gave her my extra set, knowing that they would "turn up eventually."

The next day, I was mowing the lawn. In the middle of the yard (we have a big yard) I saw what I thought

was another pile left by my dog, Daisy. (Half black lab, half Mastiff...big dog...big pile.) I stopped to pick it up first, before

mowing over it, but noticed it had a car opener in it. Not a dog pile, but my wife's keys.

She has no idea how they got where they were found. She thinks she left them outside on the porch and a crow picked them up.

I think shes' loosing it.... :o :lol:

Hey that's interesting....it is said that a crow picks up shiny things...
My exercise bike is a goldwing.

Solina Dave

Postby Solina Dave » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:13 pm

f1xrupr wrote:
ankgrays wrote:My wife lost her keys... She thinks she left them outside on the porch and a crow picked them up.

Hey that's interesting....it is said that a crow picks up shiny things...

That is very interesting, but what I find interesting also, is that she was quite specific that, "a crow picked them up".

"Assume Nothing"

Return to “Goldwing Chat”