Opposing E15 gas


Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
harvey01
Posts: 630
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 7:14 pm
Location: Henrico, Virginia
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Opposing E15 gas

Postby harvey01 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:32 pm



If you want to do something to try to stop the probably coming of E-15 gas which is bad for our motorcycles and any vehicle not designed to cope with it, go to the below listed website and fill out the form and then your letter will be sent:
https://cqrcengage.com/amacycle/app/wri ... 5O30U&lp=0


harvey
Ride Safe and Ride Often

User avatar
bstig60
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:14 pm
Location: Nevada City, CA. Jupiter, FL.
Motorcycle: 1999 GL1500AC ASP
1999 Virago XV1100LC
1994 Time Out Camping Trailer
Contact:

Re: Opposing E15 gas

Postby bstig60 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:04 pm

Good idea. Everyone should do this that rides a bike.
Bill

rgmr250
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 12:39 am
Location: Canada
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500SE, 2015 Ninja 650, 2011 KLX250s, 2010 Husqvarna TE250, 1987 FZR1000 (project bike)

Re: Opposing E15 gas

Postby rgmr250 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:54 pm

harvey01 wrote:If you want to do something to try to stop the probably coming of E-15 gas which is bad for our motorcycles and any vehicle not designed to cope with it, go to the below listed website and fill out the form and then your letter will be sent:
https://cqrcengage.com/amacycle/app/wri ... 5O30U&lp=0


Beyond being bad for motorcycles, putting E15 in a motorcycle is illegal. This is from the 'choose ethanol' website: http://chooseethanol.com/what-is-ethano ... s-ethanol/

User avatar
spiralout
Posts: 1050
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:41 pm
Location: Alabama
Motorcycle: 1975 GL1000 (gone)
1980 GL1100I (with '77 1000 engine)
1996 GL1500 SE

Re: Opposing E15 gas

Postby spiralout » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:26 pm

rgmr250 wrote:
Beyond being bad for motorcycles, putting E15 in a motorcycle is illegal. This is from the 'choose ethanol' website: http://chooseethanol.com/what-is-ethano ... s-ethanol/

But look at all the claimed benefits of E10 in a bike!

Burns cleaner for increased performance.
Does not damage engine parts or fuel system components.
Will clean a dirty fuel tank helping improve performance.
Does not separate from two-stroke engine oil mixtures.
Eliminates the need for gas line antifreeze.
Reduces toxic emissions.
Requires no special care.

[/sarcasm]

rgmr250
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 12:39 am
Location: Canada
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500SE, 2015 Ninja 650, 2011 KLX250s, 2010 Husqvarna TE250, 1987 FZR1000 (project bike)

Re: Opposing E15 gas

Postby rgmr250 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:40 pm

spiralout wrote:
rgmr250 wrote:
Beyond being bad for motorcycles, putting E15 in a motorcycle is illegal. This is from the 'choose ethanol' website: http://chooseethanol.com/what-is-ethano ... s-ethanol/

But look at all the claimed benefits of E10 in a bike!

Burns cleaner for increased performance.
Does not damage engine parts or fuel system components.
Will clean a dirty fuel tank helping improve performance.
Does not separate from two-stroke engine oil mixtures.
Eliminates the need for gas line antifreeze.
Reduces toxic emissions.
Requires no special care.

[/sarcasm]


Yeah, I'm not a 'believer' in Ethanol either. I found it interesting, though, that the warning of E15 being illegal in motorcycles, coming from a website promoting Ethanol. I realize that too much of anything is generally bad, but they talk about the great things that E10 is for your bike, but add another 5% (not a lot) and suddenly it's illegal. If E15 is that bad, is 5% less (E10) really that good?...

harvey01
Posts: 630
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 7:14 pm
Location: Henrico, Virginia
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Re: Opposing E15 gas

Postby harvey01 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:30 am

Guys, if you don't want E-15 gas to become a standard like E-10 has then follow the link and fill out the forms.

I am not putting this info up to start a debate, but just to get those who are opposed to take some action. If you are in favor of E15 obviously there is nothing for you to do.
harvey
Ride Safe and Ride Often

User avatar
suvcw04
Posts: 171
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: NE Iowa
Motorcycle: 2005 GL1800 Lehman Trike

Re: Opposing E15 gas

Postby suvcw04 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:31 pm

Unfortunately, the politicians will wipe their butts on the petition, and do the bidding of the highest bidder(s).




Return to “Goldwing Chat”




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: wheeljam and 1 guest