buyer beware

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
ReallytiredAZ
Motorcycle: 2015 GL1800

buyer beware

Postby ReallytiredAZ » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:46 pm

I have purchased several aftermarket items from this "plicity" web site. Most of the items are perfect. However, I received an item that had a manufacturer's defect. I contacted the manufacturer and they stated that the problem must resolved by the seller. The seller appears to not care the issue. I think a reasonable amount of time has passed since I reported the problem without any action. Buyers beware of this web site. You could have the same problem as myself.

CMReynolds1
Motorcycle: 2013 F6B

Re: buyer beware

Postby CMReynolds1 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:49 pm

What website? Can't avoid it if we don't know who it is.
Ride Safe,
Taz

TF 116, RivRon 512, Can Tho, S. Vietnam, 8/66-/9/68, GM(G)2

Bamaeagle
Motorcycle: 2005 GL1800 w/Tow Pac
1997 GL1500

Postby Bamaeagle » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:22 pm

CMReynolds1 wrote:What website? Can't avoid it if we don't know who it is.

True so true !!!!
JERRY

Ride Safe Always!!!

Roll Tide Roll !!

Darksider #1147

Double Darkside - Bridgestone Battlax BT45 130/70/18 Front, Achiles Platinum 195/60/R16 Rear (GL1800)

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:02 am

And what does "plicity" mean????
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

spiralout
Motorcycle: 1975 GL1000 (gone)
1980 GL1100I (with '77 1000 engine)
1996 GL1500 SE

Postby spiralout » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:58 am

There is Autoplicity and Cycleplicity. Cycleplicity doesn't have much for the GL though. OP created an account here just to post that and odds are he'll never be back.

FM-USA
Motorcycle: .
'91 GL1500-I (Dbl-Darkside)
Acquired:__51K_Jun_??/2007
MADE_IT!_200K_Oct_17/2016
iRide 24/365 99% SmileMiles
================
"You don't buy yourself a
HD to be SATISFIED,...
you buy it to keep your
HD friends PACIFIED."
================
|
ANTAGONISTS need not post.
|
==================

Postby FM-USA » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:00 pm

cycle
+
plicity

I used them, (so far) 100% OK but I bought less than 3 items.
My first (for DarkSide) Battlax tire I received in normal quick order, there closest store/warehouse is 22 miles away. Chicago far north side. Tho they did say it would come from a different warehouse near Miss. River.
It was wrapped well, if that means much. No, no bow-tie. :(
"OIL CHANGE?" _FM 07-2009
Know its new taste and be loyal, you'll know when to change that oil.
Taste testing as the miles flow, souring as that acid grows.
And don't flirt with dirt or darkened oil, all the faster your engine will spoil.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:13 pm

spiralout wrote:There is Autoplicity and Cycleplicity. Cycleplicity doesn't have much for the GL though. OP created an account here just to post that and odds are he'll never be back.

I have to agree. I looked up this user - he registered, posted this message immediately after registering, and logged off immediately after that. The IP address from which he registered matches the location in his profile, however the IP address belongs to an ISP that provides services to companies only - not a private home ISP. He used a very generic email address when registering.

All the hallmarks of a shill poster. Neither his email address nor his IP are listed in any forum spam databases however. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt - it's not like he actually named the company he's complaining about. If he chooses to return and comment, then that would be fine. Otherwise, I think we can safely assume this is a fake posting.

FM-USA
Motorcycle: .
'91 GL1500-I (Dbl-Darkside)
Acquired:__51K_Jun_??/2007
MADE_IT!_200K_Oct_17/2016
iRide 24/365 99% SmileMiles
================
"You don't buy yourself a
HD to be SATISFIED,...
you buy it to keep your
HD friends PACIFIED."
================
|
ANTAGONISTS need not post.
|
==================

Postby FM-USA » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:28 pm

With that knowledge, sounds like business competition.
Wonder how it can backfire? :twisted:

I called and talked to a Cycleplicity sales guy, was VERY accommodating to get me a Battlax tire.

AHHhhh, I re-remember now.
Called that Chi-Town store and lady said she'd have a sales call me since they didn't stock tires due to no space.
About 1 hr later got that call, it was near lunchtime.

Sometimes the littlest details makes all the difference in the world to stay in business. :roll:
"OIL CHANGE?" _FM 07-2009
Know its new taste and be loyal, you'll know when to change that oil.
Taste testing as the miles flow, souring as that acid grows.
And don't flirt with dirt or darkened oil, all the faster your engine will spoil.

ReallytiredAZ

Postby ReallytiredAZ » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:39 am

Cycleplicity is the web store name. If you have an auto, you know them as Autoplicity.

ReallytiredAZ

Postby ReallytiredAZ » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:49 am

The shill poster is back. Yes it was Plicity web store as in Cycleplicity. I have not had any luck getting through to these people. It was a Kuryakyn product and yes they have many accessories for GL's. I wanted to let others know that their support services were not operating at a level to be reasonable. I really do not care for smart axx posters. Badgering posters who are new just because they are know-it-alls posters. It isn't just on this site. I have encountered issues on many other sites so I decide to just be a reader but this time I thought I would let other know that all is not perfect.
Sorry gang, I'm outta here and back to being a reader. Thought I was helping. Now go piss someone else off.

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Postby themainviking » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:39 am

ReallytiredAZ wrote:The shill poster is back. It isn't just on this site. I have encountered issues on many other sites so I decide to just be a reader but this time I thought I would let other know that all is not perfect. Now go piss someone else off.

Nobody actually accused you of anything, and no one intended to "piss you off". Overly sensitive much? As was mentioned, if you register, and immediately post a complaint, and then disappear, chances are that you have all the "HALLMARKS" of a shill poster. That is what was stated, and I believe the poster will stick to his guns on that, having experienced same type behavior many times. Your further posting did not really change the flavor. If this happens a lot, to you, on lots of other sites as well, and the common denominator is you, then you might just look at that. As was also stated, if you wish to come back and comment (or post in other areas) then fine. If not, as is your choice, then we shall surely miss the benefit of your knowledge and experience. This is a forum, and as such, everyones knowledge and experience are valued. What is not valued highly is attitude. But you know, we put up with that too. And just to make sure no one thinks I have anything to do with running or managing this site, I do not. My opinion is the opinion of one - me - and does not reflect the opinion of anyone else or the forum in general. I just got "reallytired" of the attitude evidenced.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

harvey01
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Postby harvey01 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:44 am

ReallytiredAZ,

WOW! While I admire you for posting a problem to include the fact you had tried to contact the seller with no problem, someone checks your history on this website and posts how limited it is so you get upset and run.

Nobody said they disliked you or wanted you to leave, all that was said was the evidence of your registration and posting raised questions about your intent. Okay, maybe we got it wrong, but is that any reason to take your ball and run home?

I guess that is why I support suppliers that support these and other Gold Wing related websites. Most have been around for a number of years and yes they occasionally mess up an order or ship a part that is not correct. I recently had Honda Direct Line ship me the wrong part although the order specified the Honda Part Number. I called and they shipped the correct part that day. There are a lot of responsible suppliers out there. But I have been buying stuff from them since 2002 with that being the only problem.

But it is your choice to leave and although I hope you don't, that is your choice.
harvey
Ride Safe and Ride Often

ReallytiredAZ

Postby ReallytiredAZ » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:40 am

Glad to here I stirred the pot!!! I have been reading posts here for a while but haven't seen the need to reply as others have posted their replies as I could have answered. Excellent!! Now that we are awake, maybe I can warn other of a potential situation with Cycleplicity. They sell at great prices but when contacted by ME they do not respond to my problem. There is a one year warranty on my product. When I return to my former address, I will stop by the manufacturers office and personally let them know how a retailer has dropped the ball. I know their neighbors and being from the area I will not hesitate to pay them a visit.

If someone is new and posts on a web site, please do not sell them short on their intensions. I just wanted other fine folks to beware of a possible problem.

I aint cuttin' and runnin' from this site. Just had to stir the pot and see what shook out.

Best to all !!!!!!

harvey01
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Postby harvey01 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:50 am

ReallytiredAZ,

Welcome aboard, welcome back, and please let us know how this situation gets resolved!
harvey
Ride Safe and Ride Often

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Postby WingAdmin » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:50 am

ReallytiredAZ wrote:Glad to here I stirred the pot!!! I have been reading posts here for a while but haven't seen the need to reply as others have posted their replies as I could have answered. Excellent!! Now that we are awake, maybe I can warn other of a potential situation with Cycleplicity. They sell at great prices but when contacted by ME they do not respond to my problem. There is a one year warranty on my product. When I return to my former address, I will stop by the manufacturers office and personally let them know how a retailer has dropped the ball. I know their neighbors and being from the area I will not hesitate to pay them a visit.

If someone is new and posts on a web site, please do not sell them short on their intensions. I just wanted other fine folks to beware of a possible problem.

I aint cuttin' and runnin' from this site. Just had to stir the pot and see what shook out.

Best to all !!!!!!

Glad to hear you're hanging around. :)

There are quite a few unscrupulous companies who create an account on here, write a message slagging off a competitor, then disappear. I normally catch them and kill them off before most people ever see them, but they do slip through from time to time. They use some sneaky tricks!

For a while there was a company who created about ten user accounts on here, then left them dormant for months. After they lay unused for several months, they came back and started posting little comments on existing threads here and there, with subtle advertisements for their company sneaked in. Their comments were worthless (contained no information, and in a lot of cases were just copied text from other peoples' messages). When I finally clued into one of them, I discovered all of their other accounts and blew them (and their useless messages) away.

I swear, keeping the spammers off this site is like a war, with continued new tactics and countertactics being introduced by both sides all the time. Thus far I'm glad to say I'm winning, for the most part. :)

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500
2004 NRX1800 Rune

Postby dingdong » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:52 am

Cycleplicity ???? I've never heard of them. They have 2 reviews on google both negative.
Tom

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

ReallytiredAZ

Postby ReallytiredAZ » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:44 am

Hey guys guess what, they resolved the issue. Now that's what I call service. They just informed me that the ticket is closed. Now you know how they handle problems with products they sell. I DID NOT get it resolved. This shows you that they sell at great prices but do not service what they sell. BUYER BEWARE!!

I hope this post helps others make informed decisions when purchasing from Cycleplicity.
I repeat, I did not get my issue resolved.

I am handy enough to purchase materials to fix the issue but I should not have to.

Best to all and keep the information flowing. I for one appreciate it.

Return to “Goldwing Chat”