Best trailer out there?

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1969 Triumph T-90 350
1970 Honda 350
1975 Honda 750-4
2003 VTX/R
1960 Honda Trail 50
2004 GL1800A

Best trailer out there?

Postby c5cruiser » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:54 pm

We have a 2011 Ford Edge and we've been thinking of trailering our Wing from CA to Austin TX for the R.O.T. M/C Rally ( ) in June and return in August.
Now we've ridin before 8 or 9 years ago on our VTX but I was younger and the heat going through the Arizona was reduculousl. We went through as much water as the VTX went though fuel.
As time went on we would put in back of our then pick-up.
The past couple of years I'd go bike-less and become a spectator. Well we bought a Wing recently but still want to avoid the hell heat of Arizona and being that El Paso is the half way point, Texas is hot too.
So we'd like to know what kind of trailer you would recommend if we want to take the Wing or maybe both?

Motorcycle: 1998 - GL1500 Aspencade.
2003 - GL1800A

Re: Best trailer out there?

Postby MikeB » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:25 pm

You are in Corona and you are afraid of the heat in Arizona and Texas? Gee. I took three trips to Corona this year and it felt like I had ended up in Arizona. I was down there twice in August and once in September. It was over 100 the first time and hovering between 95 and 100 the other two times. I'd think you would be well acclimated as a Corona native. It shouldn't be much warmer in Austin in June than it is in Corona in August. The month of June is characterized by gradually rising daily high temperatures, with daily highs around 92°F throughout the month, exceeding 99°F or dropping below 86°F only one day in ten.

As to good trailers, one of the easiest loading trailers I can think of is the Razor Trailer .
The Aluma Trailers are well liked also
Tacoma, WA, USA

Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800

Re: Best trailer out there?

Postby seabeechief » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:34 pm

I am extremely pleased with my Aluma TK1 trailer. I bought it for my trike. It pulls as well and true as any trailer I have ever owned. Unloaded, I can push and/or pull it all over the drive with minimal effort. They are all aluminum so rust will never be an issue. The ramp pulls out from the bottom of the trailer, so the drive on angle in not steep at all. The ramp is wide enough to put your feet down when loading or unloading. I pull it behind a Toyota Sienna van and a 25' RV. I highly recommend Aluma trailers.

Combat Vets Association - San Antonio
Patriot Guard Riders - San Antonio & Austin
Darkside #1609

Return to “Goldwing Chat”