December Contest

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 INTERSTATE

December Contest

Postby OTTERCOMET » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:11 am

Sure could use that $100 for my project bike.- 82 Interstate - back in 82 I really would have liked to purchase this bike but the $$$ got in the way so I settled for an 82 Suzuki GS850 that I ran for 94K km. Came upon this Interstate this past summer and couldn't pass it up. The bike was a one owner and body wise is in great shape. The work I know I have to do includes tires, carburetors, all three wheel cylinders and I suspect the rear master cylinder is going to need a kit and of course the timing belts as the bike has 94K (same as what I put on the Suzuki) and I have no history regarding maintenance and it hasn't run for a couple of years so the belts are likely set and brittle and belts are cheap compared to a toasted engine. So, you can see that the gift certificate would really come in handy.

I am retired and Canadian (Whitby Ontario). I'm going to spend a few months in Florida after I get through Christmas and I will be doing most of my parts shopping while in the south - the parts are a whole lot less expensive and most of the suppliers ship free to USA locations (where as sometimes the cost of shipping to Canada exceeds the cost of the parts). Hope to have this Interstate refurbished and on the road by late spring 2016.

Motorcycle: 1981 GL1100 interstate

Re: December Contest

Postby ankgrays » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:03 pm

Welcome, and good luck with the new bike!!.....BUT

I'm PRETTY SURE I'm going to win this month! :D
I don't tolerate voluntary stupidity very well, and it seems to be rampant now-a-days.

"One of the problems about quotes from the internet, is that one cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Goldwing Chat”